View Full Version : Hockey Questions
December 29th, 2004, 08:36 PM
1) Who is the most successful Texan born NHL player?
2) Who was the first Czech born player to surpass 1000 points?
3) How many of the famous Sutter Brothers were there in the NHL?
4) Which was the first official American NHL franchise?
5) What NHL first did Billy Smith achieve on November 28 th 1979
6) Pete and Jerry Cusimano are brothers who may be considered to be NHL legends, despite never having 8) played in the league. Why?
7) In what year did the NHL discontinue sudden-death overtime?
8) Goalies are very very rarely captains in modern hockey, but who was the last goaltender to captain an NHL team to the Stanley Cup?
9) Who famously replaced Lorne Chabot as Rangers goalie when the netminder was injured in a Final series?
December 30th, 2004, 03:06 PM
These are the answers to the questions I think I know
1) Brian Leetch
8) Turk Broda
9) Their Coach (I can't remember his name)
December 30th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Heres What I Have So Far:
2)Jaromir Jagr (Unsure)
5)Goaltender Billy Smith Scored A Goal On The Opposing Team With His Chest Protector
January 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
3) How many of the famous Sutter Brothers were there in the NHL? 6
4) Which was the first official American NHL franchise? Chicago or Boston?
January 5th, 2005, 10:17 AM
boston was the firts
durnan was da captain
January 5th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Here are the answers
2. Peter Stastny
4. Boston Bruins 1924-25
5. First goalie to score a goal v. Colorado Rockies Nov. 28, 1979
7. Nov 21 1942 (due to WW2)
8. George Hainsworth 1932-33, Bill Durnan 1947-48 for Montreal Canadiens
9. Lester Patrick
January 11th, 2005, 12:05 PM
1. Brian Leetch
2. Stan Mikita
3. Six Sutters
4. New York Americans
5. First goalie to score a goal
6. They brought an octopus to a Detroit Red Wings game in 1952 and threw it on the ice because at that time it took only 8 wins to win the Stanley Cup.
8. Bill Durnan
9. Lester Patrick
January 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM
For the first official american franchise.
It was Boston Bruins (1924)
Other old official US franchise :
New York Americans (1925)
Pittsburgh Pirates (1925)
Chicago Blackhawks (1926)
Detroit Cougars (1926)
New York Rangers (1926)
Detroit Falcons (1930-1932) - Detroit Red Wings (1932) (probably just changed their name)
Philadelphia Quakers (1930)
St. Louis Eagles (1934)
January 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
The Detroit Red Wings were previously known as the Detroit Falcons, and yes it was a name change. But, So was the Detroit Cougars, they were around for 4 years, then changed their name to Falcons, they played under that name for 2 years, then finally changed it to Red Wings in 1932.
The Franchise was formerly the Victoria Cougars. They were purchased and relocated after the West Coast Hockey League (WHL in their last season) folded in 1926.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.