PDA

View Full Version : Mario Lemieux

huddy222
April 25th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Has anyone had any recent success with Mario Lemieux?

radconjohn
April 26th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Still waiting on something I sent at the end of last summer.

mws16
April 26th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Still waiting on something I sent at the end of last summer.

Same here for me although I did get one back......
1/1 06/24/06 07/07/06 (13 days)

Leafman
April 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't trust anything received thru the mail from Mr. Lemieux. His hatred of autograph collectors is legendary. It is not uncommon for someone with his means to have an autopen or a full time secretary signing his mail. Not to mention he would receive an unbelievable amount of mail and to think he would sign it all is silly. Same for Gretzky. Thru the mail would be unlikely to be authentic.

lafleurfan10
April 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM
if im not mistaken your thinking of messier. hes the one that doesn't sign. remember the lays commercial where he wouldn't sign for the kid. and the kid gave him a chip and he wrote a whole bunch of autographs? remember? anyway it is possible he signs through the mail. its also possible that its authentic.

cherubichomer
April 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Lemieux was always nice to us kids when we were bugging him for signatures at the arena. I've heard of successes with him and they're not autopens. But they could be secretorial sigs but that's the chance you take with him. Mess wasn't bad at the arena either but he had the personality of wood unless you were a triple D puck bunny. Then watch him turn on the charm.

ed

Leafman
April 28th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yes Messier was another tough one BUT I am referring to Mario. After his early years he got steadily tougher and tougher. I do know he will sign for charity but even at his own golf tournie he is hard. Too many people want him and he hates it. He knows people sell and he thinks like many players that EVERYONE who asks sells. A friend of mine was trying to get him in person a couple years ago and heard Mario complaining to his buddy in french. He didn't know my friend spoke french. I can't exactly quote but the gist was I hate these F....ing dogs referring to autograph collectors. My friend responded to Mario in french and surprised him more than a little. Apart from vintage material - and his sig has drastically changed since he broke into the league - I would not trust anything on ebay or thru the mail. I know his first 6-8 years he was good. AND it would be pretty easy for ANYONE to forge what he now calls an autograph. At least the early versions had some style and letters to compare. I wish everyone luck as I am a collector as well but be realistic. How many thousands of pieces of fan mail do you think he receives per month and is it realistic that he's going to sign everything? Have you heard how tough Crosby is? Already? Maybe because he lived and or still lives with Mario thru the season. You couldn't ask for a worse influence on dealing with fans. Having a near death experience did nothing to make him appreciate life any more than before. You would have thought he would be happy to enjoy every moment and be nicer to people. That's a lesson for everyone.

lumpy66
April 30th, 2007, 08:24 AM
From 91-94 I had very good luck with him in person at Mellon Arena. Obviously the more people asking made it harder. However, he did sign for me. I would not trust ANYTHING through the mail with him. I've tried over the years and received an autotamp or a stamped autograph. On 2 other occasions it was not even close to what his signature is. I agree with the previous posts. He could not possibly get to all his mail.