PDA

View Full Version : How to Eliminate Gloss on Cards?

crazycanuck59
January 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi, I'm a new member and recently have sent out and recieved through the mail. I had a question on how to eliminate the gloss on cards. I've read that eraser and baby powder works, but some on the cards with baby powder that I received back had slight streaking in the sigs.

Can anyone suggest a good way to eliminate this streaking or another way to ensure sigs get adhered to glossy cards?

Thanks

huddy222
January 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
The baby power routine, is effective, but still unproven on what will happen to the autographs over time. Essentually the particals of the baby power attach themselves to the cards and the in-turn are signed on top of.

Personally, running a soft eraser over a glassed cards surface is always a safe best in my opinion.

spartacus
January 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
use white erasers

BigBear1888
January 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Yep, I agree with the Eraser Method. I have heard people use Goo Gone but I still think that it would mess up the card.

WREGGET31
January 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I use a pink art eraser and it works fine.

icecards
January 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I've been using an eraser on glossy cards for years now and it works verry well. I've never used baby powder.

GoldenSkates
January 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
White erassers are the best but I occasionally just use old fashioned spit and rub the card down with my thumb.

happyman
January 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I use baby powder, but u must wipe it off. i have cards that still hold the signature after 10 years. IE, the first Parkhurst cards from the early 1990's.

mws16
January 7th, 2008, 11:39 AM
use white erasers

Ditto for me....

FALCON
January 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Baby powder seems to work well, but as others said you MUST wipe it down well!!