PDA

View Full Version : 1987-88 OPC help

huddy222
February 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
I've tracked down a ton of addresses using this site and I've also found a bunch myself looking through the internet and various tax records. However, there are still a few toughies I need some help with. If anyone has any mail success info with the following guys, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Greg Paslawski
Patrik Sundstrom
Tom McCarthy
Gordie Roberts
Larry Playfair
Willie Huber
Pelle Eklund (now working for Montreal, anyone try?)
Greg Johnston
Ron Duguay
Dennis Maruk
Tim Kerr (tried the Avalon, NJ address three months ago)
Gino Cavallini
Jay Wells
Steve Konroyd
Craig Laughlin
Bob Bourne
Joe Cirella
Wayne Presley
Doug Crossman
Dirk Graham
Anton Stastny
Jim Johnson
Tim Watters
Jim KyteDoug Shedden
Davi Shaw
Rich Brodeur
Dave Richter

Tarantulaman
February 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Wish I would have known you were looking for him. I was just at the Blackhawks-Columbus game right before the All-Star break and he walked right by me as I was trying to track down Cliff Koroll. I didn't have any cards of him at the time or I would have gotten him then. He works for Comcast Sports Net in Chicago doing pre-game, intermission, and post-game analysis of the away games and home games that aren't televised. If you send me 1 card of him, I will try to get him the next time I'm at a game.

Andy

druce26
February 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM
I got him at the Avalon address in about a week's time last summer.But food for thought, that's a summer resort town, I highly doubt he lives there during the winter.

huddy222
February 1st, 2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys. I mailed Konroyd at his tv station a few weeks ago, but no response yet. As for Kerr, I guess that's maybe why I haven't heard back. Hopefully in the summer hegets back to me.

happyman
February 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
jim Kyte write for the ottawa citizen during hockey season and is at a college in the summer

bjt72
February 2nd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Craig Laughlin works as colour guy for the Caps

Richard Brodeur is playing goal for the Oltimers team at Ricoh on March 25.

Just in case anyone cares Steven Rice is playing for the Brantford Blast.

icecards
February 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
I got Gordie Roberts at this address last October (35 days)

Gordie Roberts
7812 Bush Lake Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55438-3200

Good luck.

ohioleafsfan64
February 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
I've tracked down a ton of addresses using this site and I've also found a bunch myself looking through the internet and various tax records. However, there are still a few toughies I need some help with. If anyone has any mail success info with the following guys, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Greg Paslawski
Patrik Sundstrom
Tom McCarthy
Gordie Roberts
Larry Playfair
Willie Huber
Pelle Eklund (now working for Montreal, anyone try?)
Greg Johnston
Ron Duguay
Dennis Maruk
Tim Kerr (tried the Avalon, NJ address three months ago)
Gino Cavallini
Jay Wells
Steve Konroyd
Craig Laughlin
Bob Bourne
Joe Cirella
Wayne Presley
Doug Crossman
Dirk Graham
Anton Stastny
Jim Johnson
Tim Watters
Jim KyteDoug Shedden
Davi Shaw
Rich Brodeur
Dave Richter

Huddy: I new to board...I believe I have to most up to date address list around - what is your email address & I can help

huddy222
February 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
My e-mail address is huddy22@hotmail.com.

Any help that you could give me, wuld be greatly appreciated! Thanks

ohioleafsfan64
February 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
My e-mail address is huddy22@hotmail.com.

Any help that you could give me, wuld be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Check your inbox, just sent to you
ohioleafsfan64

spartacus
February 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
i run into richard brodeur several times a year. i'll get one signed for you next time i see him.

GRAVES 9
February 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
You can get Larry Playfair thru the Sabres. He is the Alumni director there.

FALCON
February 4th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Greg Paslawski- sent to him c/o Harvs list over a year ago with no response
Larry Playfair-sent him an email thru the Sabres alum and he signed via the mail seems like a real nice guy!
Ron Duguay-never tried but heard he is a real jerk?
Tim Kerr - that addy should be good as he owns a real estae agency in Avalon and I believe that is his full time job now.
Gino Cavallini- sent a letter to him about 1 week ago no response yet, addy on prev. post
Doug Crossman- is the Gm of an ice hockey rink in Vineland NJ not sure of the name do a google, got him about a year ago
Jim Johnson- works in Arizona for a hockey program of some type addy was here in a prev. post also signed for me in the past

radconjohn
February 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Kerr, you can get c/o his realty
Crossman runs the Vineland skating arena, sent there last month, still waiting.

Tarantulaman
March 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Huddy222,

If you still need Steve Konroyd, he will be signing Sunday, March 16th for 30 minutes before the Blackhawks game and at the end of the 1st and 2nd periods near section 102/122. Get to Chicago, see a good game at a good price, and get as many Konroyd's as you need.

Andy

huddy222
March 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I do still need Konroyd, however I live in Toronto. Chicago is a little to far for me.

Tarantulaman
March 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Huddy222,
Do you want me to go to the game and get one signed for you? I just went today and got Reggie Kerr on 3 cards plus the post-card sized photo that he was giving away for free and I caught Cliff Koroll just standing around before the game. I'm going Wednesday to get Grant Mulvey so another game on Sunday isn't a problem. I'll need a card if you want me to do it since I don't have access to OPC's around here. Let me know and I'll give you my address.

Andy

bjt72
March 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
dennis Maruk 4212 East Javon Lane,Charles Lake,LA,70605

Ron Duguay--I got him thru the Jacksonville Barracuddas
Tim Kerr 2528 Dune Dr,Avalon,NJ,08202

icecards
March 11th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Has that Maruk address been tested?

huddy222
March 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Tarantulaman, I appreciate your offer, but I don't think that I can get the card down to you by the weekend. US/Canada cusoms will cost me a week alone.

Has the Maruk addy been confirmed?

I got John Chabot back today in care of the Isles.

puckster9
March 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Huddy222,
I have 4 of the players you need signed in blue sharpie.Let me know if you are interested .Email me direct puckster9@hotmail.com and I will let you know which ones they are.

bjt72
March 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Unlike some people who list address on this site..I only list address that have worked for me.. This is not a shot at anyone,but I figure if I am going to list an address it should work and not cost anyone their cards,stamps or $$$$....Take it for what it is worth........

huddy222
March 11th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I don't know man. I'd say this site is hit and miss. I mailed to a ton of confirmed addresses on this site and haven't gotten a lot of them back. What about the guy who swore by his Vanbiesbrouck address? I got it back two weeks later RTS and asked him about it. He then gave us another address and I'm still waiting. I find that I have the best success when I research the address myself through tax records and then send it out. One guy a few months back gave me ten confirmed addresses of guys I needed. I sent them out and I haven't gotten a single guy back yet, so much for David Shaw and Tim Watters. From what I've learned by now, if you mail to an average retired guys house and you don't get it back within a month, it's most likely over!

FALCON
March 12th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I think that sending stuff is always a 50/50 shot. I have sent to many guys that others have had luck with using the same address and never got anything back, not even the stuff RTS? Maybe stuff gets lost or stolen to or from the player. Or maybe some players just lose the stuff or throw it out? Makes me mad when I send stuff to a guy like Mark Johnson who many people have listed as a good return and I have had my stuff out over a year and a half??? Can't figure it out??
Good luck Guys!!!

huddy222
March 13th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I got Mark Johnson back in January, it took only 12 days. I guess you're right, you never know.

bjt72
March 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I agree 100%.. I been having that same problem with Ed Gilbert.. everyones having success with him at the listed address,I tried 4x in 3 years no luck,,he must hate me.....HAHAHA.....Don't even get my cards back or a note that says get lost...

FALCON
March 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM
You know going into it that there is always a chance of loosing the stuff, but you figure if you see good returns your batting say a 60/40 shot of getting the stuff back. I just can't understand why some stuff doesn't come back. Maybe they get the feel that you are going to sell it on ebay or they don't have the items and keep them for themselves???
I guess we will never know. Any explayers lurking the board feel free to add your thoughts.
Good luck guys!!

huddy222
March 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Like I said before, I mailed Shawn Burr my set card in care of his office and never got it back. About two months later I got him in-person and asked him about my letter and if he got it. He told me that when he gets fanmail, he keeps the cards and gives them to his kids. At least he's honest.

huddy222
March 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM
I pulled off two toughies this week... Tough because I did the address research myself and did not get any info from this board.

Michel Petit & Greg Johnstone

They took a while and I'd given up hope, but I guess that you should never give up.