PDA

View Full Version : Hossa, Malkin

TheFan
February 28th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever had any luck with Hossa over the years? I have never tried him.

What about Malkin? Or is he another penguin who gets too much to sign?
Understandable, he's probably the best player in the NHL right now!

mws16
February 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I have one for for Hossa, since January but I recently saw a RTS...

icecards
February 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Marian Hossa responded to his mail when he was still a rookie, I got mine c/o the Sens back in 1998. Not sure if he does now days. His brother Marcel on the other hand never responded to my request.

As for Malkin, I sent c/o Pittsburgh on February 19, 2007 and am still waiting.

BigBear1888
February 28th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I heard Malkin is wonderful in person but I have never seen a success in person. I have heard his grasp on the English language is very bad as well. Jarkko Ruutu and Georges Larauge are good signers.

Frank
February 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
His brother Marcel on the other hand never responded to my request.

I dont know about through the mail but I can honestly say that Marcel Hossa was probably the best in person signer I have EVER gotten. I have met him a number of times in person and he is always willing to sign whatever is in front of him.

Everytime I hear his name the one thing that sticks out in my mind is when he injured his leg (maybe his knee, I cant remember for sure) during a game in Lowell when he was playing for the Quebec Citadels. After the game I was waiting by the Citadels bus to get some cards signed. Marcel comes out on crutchers with his leg wrapped in ice and you could just tell by the look on his face that he was in some serious pain. Anyways I had all my cards on boards and he must have seen that I had cards of his and he stopped and asked if I wanted him to sign them and I told him not worry about it and he goes its not a problem at all. I actually had two boards with 9 cards each on them and told him to just sign what he wanted on one board, he signed all 9 then saw my other board and told me to give him them too him also and he signed the other 9. There were a good amount of other people out there that night and he signed for EVERY one of them also. I think he was the first one out to the bus that night and the last one to get on. I will never forget that!

icecards
February 29th, 2008, 03:06 AM
That's cool. I like hearing about great successes like that. Maybe I should try Marcel again now that he is no longer with the "never responds to fan mail New York Rangers". Anyone ever have success with Marcel Hossa TTM?