PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Bases and Customs

druce26
August 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Here is one for you guys. I want to send a McFarlane base to Johnny Bower to get signed. I know I'll have to fill out a customs form to get it to Canada, because the envelope will be too thick to be considered a flat envelope, and I have plenty of Canadian stamps to get it back, but will it need a customs form to come back to me? If so, are the US and Canadian forms the same, so I can already have it filled out on on the return envelope? I was going to throw ten bucks in for Mr Bower anyway for his time, but I want to make sure I have my bases covered so he doesn't have to take care of any of this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, I got Rick Zombo back today, his addy is in the threads.

spartacus
August 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
it won't need a customs form to come back to you from canada.

druce26
August 25th, 2008, 04:08 AM
That's all I needed to know, thanks. I'll make sure to slip you some "red monkey jeans" next time I see you.

druce26
September 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I just got my request back from Mr Bower today. He signed my 02-03 Topps Heritage and included his number. He also signed my McFarlane base and included his number and HOF inscription. He took the time to repack the items very carefully, as well. I included 10 bucks for his time, and it was well worth it.
3937 Parkgate Dr
Mississauga, On
L5N 7B4

felixcujo
September 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Druce, they don't come much better than Johnny Bower. Glad to hear your success story. I met him at the Memorial Cup in May, and just sent out some photos he was kind enough to have taken with me. If you ever get the chance to meet him in person, do it. He loves to talk hockey!