PDA

View Full Version : Todays half success

GordieHoweHatTrick
September 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I wrote a letter asking some questions and sent a hockey card with a Leaf logo on it asking him to sign it. I received a sheet of paper and he addressed it to "Dave" and my name isn't Dave... he then said that he is 93 and he can't see very well and said that he played for the Leafs minor league team, as well as the NY Americans, Red Wings and coached for 31 years and signed the paper. He said he didn't play for the Leafs, but he played 9 games with them in the 1937-38 seasons and 3 games with them in the 1938-39 season and he never signed the card. I used the address in the master list. Has anyone else had a problem with Mr. Murray Armstrong signing Toronto Maple Leaf items ?

TannisS
September 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I hate to say it, but it sounds like the 2nd oldest known alive NHL'er may not quite be there anymore, judging by the letter you received.

Murray Armstrong signed my 2 Leafs items (custom index card with the logo, and a Beehive with him pictured in a Leafs uniform) and wrote a note saying he can barely see, but still golfs.

He has always been a great signer, so this doesn't sound very good. :/

lafleurfan10
September 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
yea, last time i sent him a letter he just mentioned he couldn't see very well, but still signed everything I sent him, including 3 leafs photos. Probably just getting old.

centerice
September 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I wrote a letter asking some questions and sent a hockey card with a Leaf logo on it asking him to sign it. I received a sheet of paper and he addressed it to "Dave" and my name isn't Dave... he then said that he is 93 and he can't see very well and said that he played for the Leafs minor league team, as well as the NY Americans, Red Wings and coached for 31 years and signed the paper. He said he didn't play for the Leafs, but he played 9 games with them in the 1937-38 seasons and 3 games with them in the 1938-39 season and he never signed the card. I used the address in the master list. Has anyone else had a problem with Mr. Murray Armstrong signing Toronto Maple Leaf items ?

Amazing thing is despite all thats aflicting him,he still made a real effort.Maybe its time to just let him be.Or send one item and let the chips fall where they may.Sad but true we all get old.God Bless him.

nightofthelivingc
September 11th, 2009, 01:30 PM
he just signed a leafs card for me about 2 weeks ago