PDA

View Full Version : Why does Gomez always send a different cards back?

time2trade
October 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Well, I probably know why, but 3 times now I have sent a specific card to him and have received a different one back.

Has anyone received a topps heritage 2001-02 card of Gomez by error? If so, i'm not only willing to trade an equavalent Gomez auto that I have recieved from him, but I will add another card or something else you may like - just let me know what you need. I have a couple of Gomez Upper Deck card autos - one is 09-10 Upper Seck Series 2 #265 and I cant remember the other one.

All the best,
time2trade

Aurel Joliat
October 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry I can't help you :(
But what is your theory on Gomez ? I really don't know why he doesn't sign our cards

time2trade
October 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Well, I think the most obvious is that he just signs the cards and someone else just restuffs the envelopes to make sure everything's even (i'm sure some people send 4 cards, and some send 1). I don't really know - just theory and looking to spark some discussion.

I'm really jsut looking to get 1 single specific card signed and i'm failing.

Miserably.

Thanks for the comment!

Cheers!

Sorry I can't help you :(
But what is your theory on Gomez ? I really don't know why he doesn't sign our cards

polarmist04
October 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I know we are all working on specific sets and/or projects so we want them to sign certain cards etc.
But here's the thing... The man has actually returned 3 times to you, signed cards I'm guessing? I am surprised an active player like Gomez would do so. Had no luck getting him in person last March on a trip to Toronto.
I wish I knew how you could solve this little issue with him. Good luck

CaptPantalones
October 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I know your looking for something specific, but if you ever want to move that card, id be very interested. Im working on that set and need him

time2trade
October 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Well I have those 2 Gare cards I need signed. Let's do that.
Agree?

I know your looking for something specific, but if you ever want to move that card, id be very interested. Im working on that set and need him

jge76
October 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM
try www.ottawavalleysports.com , I was able to get a few cards for sets I am working on, you might have some luck too

CaptPantalones
October 19th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Well I have those 2 Gare cards I need signed. Let's do that.
Agree?

That works for me

jtyson13
October 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I got Gomez during the lockout when he played for the Alaska Aces and he signed what I sent.

mws16
October 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I got Gomez during the lockout when he played for the Alaska Aces and he signed what I sent.

Same here for me...

time2trade
October 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
So just to formally put this out there, does anyone have a signed 01-02 Topps Heritage card of Scott Gomez? Devils uniform, card number 85.

I've been working on it for 10 years now. If anyone else is or has traders, let me know. I think I only need about 20.

Cheers.

cape islander
November 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
just got Gomez back and he sent a 09-10 Upper Deck #265 card instead of the one I sent.

if anyone got him on a 09-10 OPC card #50 or #670 I would be interested.

jge76
November 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.ottawavalleysports.com/o-pee-chee.php

CaptPantalones
November 19th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I know ive posted this before, but to anyone who got that card back from Gomez and is looking to trade it, I will trade ANY of my doubles I have or get you any Buffalo Sabre you want to get my hand on that card. Thats the one he refused to sign for me IP and I need it for the set. Let me know

cape islander
November 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I know ive posted this before, but to anyone who got that card back from Gomez and is looking to trade it, I will trade ANY of my doubles I have or get you any Buffalo Sabre you want to get my hand on that card. Thats the one he refused to sign for me IP and I need it for the set. Let me know

i may consider trading it , what do you have for doubles??

email me

nathjenn@eastlink.ca

time2trade
November 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Let me take a look again tonight to see what I got back from Gomez. I think I still have 2. I'll post them and maybe it'll be something you need.

Cheers.