PDA

View Full Version : The Scott Gomez Autograph Return Pile Exchange Program

time2trade
December 7th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Just thought i'd start a thread for those (including myself) who sent specific cards to Gomez, and fall victim to the autograph switcheroo (where he sends you another signed card).

Don't get me wrong, it is great that he signs through the mail, which I am sure everyone appreciates, but it would be great if we could eventually recover our card we sent, hence this program. Ahem.

If you have received from Gomez, and want to post what you sent, versus what you received to see if you can connect the dots, this is the place for you!

I sent 2 Topps Heritage 01-02 (separately) and received 2 recent upper deck cards (in Habs uniform). Both great, blue sharpie sigs.

I would like my Topps Heritage ones. Has anyone received it/ one, and if so, will you trade for an upper deck one?

Cheers!

time2trade

cape islander
December 7th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I sent to Gomez 09-10 OPC cards #50 and #670 but got back a 09-10 Upper Deck card

centerice
December 8th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I think this is great.But I think Scott just opens the envelopes and saves the return envelopes but just takes the cards sent and puts them away and then signs randomly or when he has free time.Because ive sent to him twice and both times hes sent different cards.I dont think its something hes doing intentionally.

CaptPantalones
December 8th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Ive posted this before, but im willing to trade ANY double I have or get any Sabre in return for a Gomez 09-10 UD that I need for my set. He completely blew me off both times the Habs were here

Aurel Joliat
December 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
He signed an Ovation card for me
I sent him a custom 4X6

bigpoppamtl
December 8th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I sent 2 4x6's and I received this one in return:

http://thedprevolution.blogspot.com/2010/04/scott-gomez.html

Fleer Ultra, i'm not sure the year cause I don't have it on me since i'm at work.. But he's with the devils on the card

time2trade
December 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah this is a good point -entirely possible and quite likely. It would just seem like extra effort (and pointless really) to intentionally mix up cards. In any case, hopefully even a few of us (who are collecting specific sets) can get set cards out of this.

I think this is great.But I think Scott just opens the envelopes and saves the return envelopes but just takes the cards sent and puts them away and then signs randomly or when he has free time.Because ive sent to him twice and both times hes sent different cards.I dont think its something hes doing intentionally.

Leafman
December 10th, 2010, 05:53 AM
how bout the same for Eddie Shack. I have sent out 2 67 Leaf Commemorative UD cards and got neither back. I sent the regular and one of the jersey cards on 2 separate occassions. Got 2 responses after over 1 year each but not my cards. Anyone have either for trade? Let me know and thanks

shelby1
December 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I sent out a couple of tall boys - got back a 67 commemorative. Makes you wonder. If I had an extra one, I would trade it to you.

qcfan
December 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hey all of you... just to offer, i often go to the montreal practice and have sometimes the time to go see the players for autographs.. I have all the Gomezs' autographs that i need so if anyone need a card or something from him... i don't mind.

We should actualy get a group of people from each hockey city to move are ttm lool as i also seen that some people have had problems getting their Kirk mullers' auto... in person hes' the nicest guy and doesn't mind signing 2..3 things each time u meet him...

Aurel Joliat
December 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hi !

How do you charge ? I need 3 or 4 Canadiens players. Thanks !

qcfan
December 11th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Why would i charge? noone here is in the business of making money, just trying to help where i can as anyone of you would do...

who do you need?

just make a new thread so we can continu conversation

Aurel Joliat
December 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
What is your e-mail ?

Thanks !

qcfan
December 12th, 2010, 06:51 AM
loki_malefique@hotmail.com

kj33706
December 12th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I sometimes go to the St. louis Blues practices and if anyone needs something signed I don't mind at all. After all I have been helped out on here with addresses, so if you need anything Blues related let me know, I only ask that you send the item with a self addressed envelope. I will help anyone out I can and I would never charge anyone either after all this is a site to help out collecters.......... email me if you ever need anything guys I think this is a great site.

kj33706@yahoo.com

cape islander
January 8th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I sometimes go to the St. louis Blues practices and if anyone needs something signed I don't mind at all. After all I have been helped out on here with addresses, so if you need anything Blues related let me know, I only ask that you send the item with a self addressed envelope. I will help anyone out I can and I would never charge anyone either after all this is a site to help out collecters.......... email me if you ever need anything guys I think this is a great site.

kj33706@yahoo.com

qcfan just wondering if you are still able to help out with the canadiens??

kj33706 i sent some blues cards to you a while ago, just wondering if you received them yet?

thanks

qcfan
January 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah i can! doing a fiew pictures for someone here.. so just email me and we can settle the mailing adrss and i'll gladly get your card(s) signed

loki_malefique@hotmail.com