PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rick Martin

njduquette
March 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
former buffalo sabre rick martin died today in a car accident

Phil4
March 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Wow I'm in shock right now. He was young and he died in a tragic accident. Our prayers go to his family.

foilup
March 13th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Rick Martin, one-third of the most fabled line in Buffalo Sabres history, died today of a heart attack. He was 59.

Martin reportedly had a heart attack while driving in Clarence, a law enforcement officer told The News on the condition of anonymity.

Martin became etched in local lore as the high-scoring winger on the "French Connection," skating alongside Gilbert Perreault and Rene Robert as the infant Sabres captured the area’s attention.

Martin helped welcome new Sabres owner Terry Pegula to town late last month, skating onto the ice with Perreault and Robert and shaking Pegula’s hand at center ice as the fans in HSBC Arena cheered.

State police in Clarence have called a 3:30 p.m. news conference regarding the crash. Captain Michael Nigrelli of the State Police told reporters at the barracks that members of the Sabres alumni were being notified this afternoon.

dodgerdon
March 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM
RIP Mr. Martin-a great player and a great person. Prayers go out to his family.

GabrielStok
March 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
RIP My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

HartfordNoWhalers
March 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I just got this Text message from ESPN. This is very said. My prayers to his friends and family

polarmist04
March 13th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Whoa

He was scheduled to do a signing at AJ's next month.
I was really excited about finally being able to have his autograph.
But...
This matters not in life.
My prayers and thoughts to this wonderful man's family.
Such a great loss.

CaptPantalones
March 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Im too young yo have ever seen him play, but hes still part of one of my favorite hockey memories

I got to go to an Alumni game at the Aud back in 1995 before it closed and I got to hang out in the locker room after the game and meet all of the players, French Connection included. Rick was very gracious and super nice to me.

I got to meet him again last year at the Craig Charron charity game last summer, and again, he was very gracious to all those who approached him. That puck he signed sits proudly displayed in my living room and always will

RIP Rico