PDA

View Full Version : My former Bruins autograph site

bigbadbruin
July 27th, 2003, 03:20 PM
I know there were quite a few people from this board who used to visit my "Bruins Only Autographs" web site over the years.

Just so you're aware, I had received an email from Geocities stating they received an email from the Boston Bruins organization telling them to take down my site; that was about 1 month ago. They claim the B's logos on the website were a copyright infringement.....the site was only to share information and not for commercial purposes so this still baffles me.

I have a backup on CD ROM and may put it back up in the fall.

Those of you who know how cheap the Bruins organization is will not find this surprising.....guess they weren't collecting any precious royalties from the 400-600 hits per month I was getting.

Unregistered
July 27th, 2003, 10:14 PM
BBB, I'm not a legal expert, but why not just start it up again without the logos, or perhaps a slightly altered one which can't be construed as copyright infringement? Anyway, whatever you decide good luck with the site and getting it back up and running.

roaddogg02316
July 29th, 2003, 08:37 AM
that was a good site too. hope to see it back up sometime soon. im a bruins fan and i found it a really nice site. cheap bruins. they should leave ya alone its not liek if they collected they would use the money for anything. they hoard it and dont do a thing.

sbradley
July 29th, 2003, 10:42 PM
BigBadBruin im a huge Bruins fan i had you web site in my favourites sorry to hear the cheap bastard bruins who have
lowballed the players salaries for years want more money.

bigm16
July 31st, 2003, 04:27 PM
Just change the logo a bit, then they cannot do anything about it.