PDA

View Full Version : Coincental Penalty's

Unregistered
November 11th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Two players are mixing it up and one ref raises their hands to call coincidental penaltys. The play happend in the neutral zone.

When should that ref or the other one blow the whistle? Where should the face off take place?

I ask because this just happend to our team and I think the ref made the wrong call.

Thanks.
Dean

GrasValley
November 11th, 2003, 06:03 PM
As far the faceoff goes, it should be in the vacinity of where the puck was last touched. Now I'm not sure about the whistle, but I think it is either blown as soon as the penalties occur, or as soon as somebody gains control of the puck.

papapuck
November 11th, 2003, 08:45 PM
If the penaties are coincidental as seen by one official the call should be made as soon as seen. However, if a fight is in progress sometimes the play isn't called until deemed necessary to prevent injury or delay in play. It's a tough call at times.

lynn
November 16th, 2003, 05:00 PM
i always thought the whistle is blown immediately for matching /coincidental penaltys so that the linesmen and ref can interfere if/when necessary to prevent injury since these kind of penaltys usually involve a disagreement between players- this can be a real pain when the penaltys are behind the play and your team has an odd man rush- but such is the way of sports