PDA

View Full Version : Now that the deadline is past...

TDHarvey9
March 10th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Its time to suit up and fight for the last month for the playoffs and beyond.

Who won on March 9th? (or arguably March 1st - 9th), was it Ottawa with Bondra and De Vries? Toronto with Francis and Leetch? Colorado improving their depth? Detroit sticking to their guns getting just Lang (Its Detroit, 1 player is a slow deadline for them!)

And what about the other way, with Washington dumping 7 of their stars, or the Rangers dumping 10 of their stars?

In past years the key deadline trade has been revealed as a minor tinker, a major trade, and/or a a team that did nothing... I wonder which deal was the key

I sure hope its Toronto getting Francis!

GO LEAFS GO!

bruin
March 10th, 2004, 05:58 AM
it is bruins getting gonchar and nylander and dellmore.
nylander will be the sleeper in all the trades when samsonov and bergeron come back he will be the center and that should be a great line.

GrasValley
March 10th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I think it's Toronto picking up Francis & Leetch for this year's playoff run. Leetch is improving the Leaf PP and Francis will be a great clutch guy with experience to take them to The Cup. I also think Vancouver made some great moves picking up Sandersson and Rucinsky. This will be an interesting playoff year. Teams that looked good (San Jose and Detroit to name a couple) have had some major injury blows that probably will smash their hope. On the other hand, teams like Dallas and Los Angeles who didn't have much of a chance, are beginning to look better and made some good moves to improve themselves.

Unregistered
March 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
WITHOUT BERTUZZI VANCOUVER IS ALL DONE.

JayzinSmith
March 11th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
WITHOUT BERTUZZI VANCOUVER IS ALL DONE.
WITH CLOUTIER VANCOUVER WAS ALREADY DONE.

TDHarvey9
March 11th, 2004, 03:20 PM
hehehe Jayzin, good one.

The team picked up some nice players, but with confirmation on Todd's suspension indeed being the rest of 03-04, we can confirm that their Cup contender status has been deleted.

Stranger things have happened before (Anaheim 2003). But I believe their won't be a "cinderella" this time, too many teams have stacked themselves too high for them to be tossed. Detroit, Colorado, Ottawa, Toronto, Philly, Boston are stacked quite high.

the key in the east just might be the 4th v 5th matchup and results. The team that walks away with the Northeast division title will have it easier than the other two (TOR,OTT,BOS). the two northeastern teams that don't win the division will have to fight each other, which will be a long battle, that neither needs to make it to the cup final.

roaddogg02316
March 11th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bruin
it is bruins getting gonchar and nylander and dellmore.
nylander will be the sleeper in all the trades when samsonov and bergeron come back he will be the center and that should be a great line.

definitely boston pulled off good deals in getting gonchar,nylander and delmore, then boyes down in the minors.id say we will try to re-sign gonchar to lock him up and their saying that nylander probably will move on. pretty good for boston who is usually thrifty w/ their money.

bruin
March 20th, 2004, 02:00 PM
NYLANDER GOT THE GAME WINNER TODAY AND 2 ASSISTS PLUS HAS SET UP 3 GAME WINNERS IN 8 GAMES,I WISH WE GOT LEETCH TOO, BUT GONCHAR IS YOUNGER AND IS PLAYING WELL.
BERGERON WILL BE BACK SOON AND NYLANDER,SAMSONOV AND BERGERON WILL LIGHT UP THE NETS.

BOYES IS ON FIRE IN PROVIDENCE AND WILL GET A LOOK AT.

GIRARD IS SKATING AGAIN AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AFTER BAD CAR ACCIDENT.

bruin
April 9th, 2004, 08:59 PM
nylander from bergeron and samsonov

bergeron game winner from nylander and samsonov