PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup 04"

pittsburghpenguins
April 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Here's a simple and common question. Now that we're down to 8 teams, who do you think the final two will be. I'll have to say:

Philadelphia versus Calgary.

(I don't want to see a team from Florida make the Stanley Cup Finals)

Unregistered
April 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Personally, I think it will be an all Canada series. Toronto versus Calgary.

lynn
April 29th, 2004, 08:01 PM
tampa/san jose

bigm16
April 29th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I think i will have to agree with lynn. I know bettman will love this one. All i can say is YUK!!!!!!!!!!!

GrasValley
April 29th, 2004, 11:06 PM
My original guess was the winner of Boston/Montreal vs. the Flames or Sharks, but being as the Canadiens are gone.......
I'm still not quite a believer in Tampa Bay so I'm going with the Flyers in the East.
Right now, my Sharks are looking awesome. I originally thought The Flames would take them, but I think my Sharks are going to take the West.

Flyers vs. Sharks

This would be an interesting series. The Flyers have a great team, but Philly is one of the few teams that the Sharks have had consistent success against in their brief history. I think the passion of San Jose would overwhelm Philly. The other thing, the Sharks have always had great success against both Esche and Burke. If my final pairing is correct: Sharks in 6.

Just one final thought, please don't compare the Sharks with last year's Ducks. The Ducks "eeked" their way to the finals last year by winning tons of games in double and triple OT because J.S.G. left human form for a few weeks. The Ducks were truly a fluke. Taking down the Avalanche 5-2 and 4-1 in the first two games is no fluke. Those are convincing wins. And despite what you hear from Barry Melrose and the other ESPN goons, the success of San Jose stretches beyond Nabokov and poor play by Colorado. Our D is awesome and we have a 4 line attack. When it comes to playoffs, passion is what overcomes.

Unregistered
April 30th, 2004, 02:08 AM
TAMPA BAY ALL THE WAY.
BEAT TORONTO 7-2 DURING SEASON ED BELFOUR
BEAT PHILLY 5-4 6-1 2-1 5-2
TIED SJ 2-2 BUT DONINATED 34 SHOTS TO 21 SJ SHOT 6-1 IN OT
L COLORADO 5-4 W 3-0
BEAT CALGARY 6-2
TIED DETROIT 1-1

TAMPA WILL PLAY EITHER DETROIT OR COLORADO
PROBALLY DETROIT BECAUSE AVS WILL BE TIRED FROM COMING BACK FROM DOWN 3 GAMES TO 0 AGAINST SAN JOSE

TDHarvey9
April 30th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Nobody gives the Leafs a chance in hell, everyone talks like Philly has already won the series. My Leafs aren't done yet. Game three should atleast show that Toronto has a shot.

Unregistered, the regular season means persisely nothing! My Leafs beat Ottawa 3 years in a row in the playoffs, and Ottawa had the season series all three times.

I would like to see Calgary make it, but Detroit and San Jose are too tough. I'm tired of seeing Detroit win, but I think they have it.

Detroit vs Toronto.

Unregistered
April 30th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Whether the Sharks go to the finals or not will have to do with who they play in Round 3. They will kill Calgary but the Wings would give them a hard time. They could beat both but they would have a better chance against the Flames.

RED SOX
April 30th, 2004, 11:43 PM
THE SEASON IS OVER FOR TORONTO BRING ON BASEBALL AND
RED SOX-YANKEES

TAMPABAY 2004 CHAMPS NO MATTER WHAT THEY DID IN THE SEASON THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING,AND OTTAWA DESERVES
TO LOSE EVERY YEAR WITH ALL THAT TALENT, NOW THEY NEED A NEW COACH AND A GOALIE. THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT RID OF THAT COACH 2 YEARS AGO.

GrasValley
May 1st, 2004, 12:39 AM
You can have your whimpy, boring baseball with your overpayed steroid users. When your balls drop, you will appreciate hockey. Until then, nobody here really gives a rat's a-- about your media hyped Yanks-Sox "rivalry". The reason I put the word "rivalry" in quotes is because the word "rivalry" implies that both teams win. I hope every year that the Sox beat the Yanks, but every year I know the Sox will blow it. Enjoy another season of defeat Red Sox fan.

RED SOX
May 1st, 2004, 10:19 AM
TALK ABOUT BORING WHAT DO YOU SMOKE IN GRASS VALLEY?
AND WHAT IS YOUR BIG NIGHT ON THE TOWN?
HANG AT SUCKER FLAT
PLAY AT CEDAR RIDGE
ROAM IN LA BARR MEADOWS
CLIMB ALTA HILL
OR LAY AT SCOTTS FLAT

SO GO BACK TO SLEEP A DREAM OF SAN JOSE.

GrasValley
May 1st, 2004, 03:01 PM
What the hell does my boring town have to do with anything? You mentioned many boring things about my town, but you forgot the most boring. Nobody here plays hockey, they all play baseball. Now unless you have a reasonably intelligent response, find a baseball forum.

Unregistered
May 1st, 2004, 05:26 PM
Hey Red Sox, are you a hillbilly?

sakicfan
May 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
I AM GLAD YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE BORING AND LIVE IN A BORING TOWN, PLUS NO HOCKEY IN TOWN AND NOBODY KNOW'S HOCKEY IN TOWN. WAY TO GO HILLBILLY RED SOX YOU GET THE BEST OUT OF GRASVALLEY. GO READ A BOOK YOU BOOKWORM AND STAY OUT OF THE HEAT.

Lidstrom8
May 2nd, 2004, 09:43 PM
It doesn't matter one bit where you live. The passion for the game is what's important. But then you'd know that if you were any kind of hockey fan red sox. Obviously you know very little about a sport involving passion, being a fan of a sport you could fall asleep while watching. Don't you have anything better to do than critisize true fans of a sport you evidently know nothing about ?

GrasValley
May 3rd, 2004, 12:20 AM
Thanks Lidstrom, you couldn't have said it any better. Hockey is all about passion. Being a baseball fan, Red Sox hasn't got a clue what passion is.

DavidJacques
May 5th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I think Tampa gonna beat the Phlyers because they have a lot of days off. Andreychuck is too strong around the net. Calgary are on their way to the Cup.

TDHarvey9
May 6th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Passion? red sox? gimme a break... Who needs Passion when you got all that "green", obviously not boston. go back to your Hang-Nail, and Stubbed toe injuries, While hockey players suck it up and play with broken bones.

My Leafs are out, obviously I'm not happy. But, congrats to Philly. I'll stay in Canada with Calgary, its Flames or nothing.

As long as a Canadian team can hoist the cup, I'm happy.

SBarrett39
May 7th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Conference Finals
Calgary 4 San Jose 3
Big performances by Nabakov and Kiprusoff. Iginla has to score more and Marleau has to put up some points. Damphousse has been playing great. But San Jose will stay in southern California.

Philadelphia 4 Tampa Bay 2
A lot more big scorers on these two teams. Amonte, Zhamnov, Roenick, Handzus, St. Louis, LeCavalier, the list goes on. One would expect some higher scores but the defense on both teams and Khabibulin and Esche have been playing amazing. Tampa will stay in southern florida.

Unregistered
May 7th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Just a little geographic correction; San Jose is actually considered northern California. However, it's really sort of in the middle.

bigm16
May 7th, 2004, 03:19 PM
David Jacques, i think Philly will pound the Lightning. Tampa is quick, but they a bunch of small guys, as for Andreychuk he is getting old. Keith Primeau is hitting his stride in these playoffs, and if Philly makes it to the end, he just might get the MVP.

SBarrett39
May 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Just a little geographic correction; San Jose is actually considered northern California. However, it's really sort of in the middle.

okay, but its not quite what I imagine as a hockey town.

Theo
May 7th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Cal vs TB

Cal won the cup

TDHarvey9
May 8th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Good point BigM, Primeau is looking like a 1999 Jason Arnott. Primeau has really showed up this Playoff, as a leaf fan, he proved it to me(unfortunately).

Tampa Bay hasn't played a top rated team yet, but underestimating these guys would be a mistake.

If any Eastern team can check St. Louis and Lecavalier, I'd say its Philly. There are several guys Hitchcock could ask to punish those guys. My Question in this series is, How good is Tampa Bay physically? because Philly will be bringing it.

The Calgary, San Jose series could be a coin toss, the similarities between the two are mind bottling. Comparing them maybe complicated, but I think it's simple, Nabokov vs Kiprusoff. It might come down to 1 play, where one of them makes a mistake, that the other team will capilise on.

San Jose has a slightly better offense, but Calgary has a slightly better defense. I see one other big comparison though, Marleau vs Iginla. Both young, talented Captains, both teams will be focusing on the other teams captain surely, so one of them will have to stand-up and make some noise. My question in this series is, Who can stand-up and help their Captain?

I'm picking Philly in 6. Calgary in 7.

Unregistered
May 8th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Philadelphia is a lot more physical than Tampa Bay. Philadelphia has an older team so they can get the Lightning to take stupid penalties. I'd say Flyers in 5. The Sharks and Flames both have young teams. I think that series will go all 7 games with the Sharks winning it because overall they are the better team.

GrasValley
May 8th, 2004, 11:39 AM
SJ in 7
My reasons:

Nabokov vs. Kiprusoff- Kipper was never able to out-perform Nabby in SJ, nothing makes me believe he's going to now. Advantage: San Jose

Marleau vs. Iginla- I give the edge to Iginla on a one-on-one basis, he's a more complete forward. However, look for Scott Hannan to neutralize Iginla. I would expect that Marleau is neutralized by Calgary's D as well. I don't think either will have a huge impact on this series unless both team's D fails. Advantage: Calgary

Wilson vs. Sutter: Absolute toss up. Both coaches are great. Advantage: Draw

Depth: Both teams have the ability for anybody to step up. However, I think San Jose has a few more. Damphousse has been awesome, Korolyuk is dangerous, Cheechoo has his moments, Marcel Goc has a game-winning goal and a game-winning assist in his only 2 NHL games this playoffs. The Flames have had: Gelinas. Advantage: San Jose.

grassvalue
May 8th, 2004, 11:56 AM
iginla will dominate all san jose d and calgary in five. nabokov will choke.

tampa will win in six as they will outskate bigger flyers.

Lidstrom8
May 8th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry about your leafs Harvey, but at least they put up more of a fight than the habs, as much as I hate to admit it.

I'm afraid I disagree about the "tossup" between cal and sj. San Jose has been exellent, but I have to question their focus after allowing colorado to sneak out 2 in a row. Calgary comes to play every night, and has outworked 2 very skilled teams in Detroit and Vancouver. After those two I just don't think sj has what it takes to stop kipper and the flames' momentum.

leafannatic1967
May 8th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I agree with TDHarvey9 when he says "As long as a Canadian team can hoist the cup, I'm happy." Tampa Bay just beat Philly 3 to 1 in game one of conference final as I write this. Calgary will prevail over San Jose because they are hungrier and they ARE CANADA'S TEAM. GO FLAMES GO ...GO CANADA GO...GO FLAMES GO...GO CANADA GO

San Jose and Calgary are evenly matched, but the intangibles and the coaching will decide which way the destination of the Stanley Cup heads...ie. north or south of the border. eh!

Damphousse vs Inginla et al.

Calgary Flames World Champions 2003-04 Stanley Cup:):):)

SBarrett39
May 9th, 2004, 04:45 PM
You assholes need to stop booing the Star Spangled Banner. Lets go Philly.

bigm16
May 9th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Calgary's defence is banged up compared to SJ's. That could be the turning point in this series.

TDHarvey9
May 10th, 2004, 03:54 AM
SBarrett39

Can Canadians not wave the Canadian Flag? Thats my opinion, and you have yours, lets stick to that.

And oh yeah, watch the swearing!

Unregistered
May 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM
You could wave your flags. That's fine. I like Canada for having hockey as its countries top sport. I just don't like when some Canadiens boo The Star Spangled Banner.

SBarrett39
May 10th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by GrasValley
Nobody here plays hockey, they all play baseball. Now unless you have a reasonably intelligent response, find a baseball forum.

Speaking of baseball, I heard Eric Lindros actually thought of pursuing a MLB career before entering the NHL draft. Anyone else here of this?

ED L ROY
May 10th, 2004, 11:23 PM
NO BUT BRIAN LEETCH COULD PITCH 90 MPH IN HIGH SCHOOL AT AVON OLD FARMS AND HAD 19 K'S TO BREAK JUAN NIEVES RECORD WHO PITCHED IN MAJOR LEAGUES.

AS SOPHMORE IN HIGH SCHOOL LEETCH HAD 53 GOALS 50 ASSISTS IN 22 GAMES BEFORE TRANSFERING TO AVON TO PLAY AGAINST THE BEST PREP SCHOOL HOCKEY IN NEW ENGLAND.
HE HAD 70 GOALS 90 ASSISTS IN 54 GAMES OVER 2 YEARS.

NY METS PITCHER TOM GLAVINE WAS DRAFTED BY LA KINGS AND WAS A GOOD HOCKEY PLAYER.

GRASS VALLEY GOOD PLACE TO POST BASEBALL, THANKS.

TDHarvey9
May 11th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Hey SBarrett39, I know you are the author of the most recent 'unregistered' comment. Remember one thing, AMERICANS BOOED THE CANADIAN ANTHEM TOO! Half the time we booed your anthem it was becuase you booed ours!

Unregistered
May 11th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Well, after the first game between SJ/Cal, it's no clearer who will win the series. The Sharks completely dominated the Flames as far as chances and shots, but once again Calgary found a way to win. This could end up being one of the best series in recent years.

TDHarvey9
May 12th, 2004, 03:45 AM
2-0 Flames! geese, San Jose better get it together in Alberta or for the first time since 1994 a Canadian team will make the finals.

SBarrett39
May 12th, 2004, 12:05 PM
I was mad when the Penguins got rid of Donovan. He's a fast and improving player. We should have kept Ference too. Niemenen didnt produce with us and wanted more ice time. I'd like to see San Jose win comeback and win this. If Calgary takes game 4, it's over.

Unregistered
May 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
We'll see what happens in game 3 first. It looks as though the Flames have got the momentum and Kiprusoff continues to impress. I wouldn't count the Sharks out yet, but it's looking grim for them.

SBarrett39
May 12th, 2004, 04:16 PM
My mistake, I meant game 3, if they win the third its more than likely to be a sweep. Calgary plays hard but San Jose outplayed them during the first game. The Flames came out strong yesterday. Had like 11 scoring chances compared to the Sharks 0 in the first period. The Sharks gained some momentum in the 2nd, but it was too late.

TDHarvey9
May 12th, 2004, 06:35 PM
The Penguins have had great success at the Draft Table, Just think about everyone they've drafted. Markus Naslund(1991), Mark Recchi(1988), and Patrick Lalime(93) for starters, add them to they guys they had, but had to trade for salary reasons! thats a Cup contender right there.

Just picture their team from acouple of years ago, If they had the money their roster may look like this.

Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Ron Francis, Robert Lang, Petr Nedved, Glen Murray, Markus Naslund, Mark Recchi. Their defense, Kevin Hatcher, Fredrik Olausson, Darius Kasparitis, and now retired Larry Murphy, Their goalies coulda been Patrick Lalime, and Ken Wregett, with now reitred Tom Barrasso.

I probably missed a few. but Just think of the possibilties.

SBarrett39
May 13th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Ken Wregget played forward in a local hockey league im playing in this year. So much talent has come through or originated in Pittsburgh. Also a lot of players who do poorly elsewhere excel in Pittsburgh.

SAKICFAN
May 14th, 2004, 12:15 AM
FORGET PITTSBURG, IF QUEBEC-COLORADO DRAFTED RIGHT THEY WOULD HAVE WON A TON OF CUPS.
86 TOOK KEN MCRAE 18TH SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ADAM GRAVES 22ND 87 SAKIC 15TH and 88 SCREWED UP BIG TIME TOOK LESCHYSYN 3RD DORE 5TH COULD HAVE HAD ROENICK 8TH BRIND'AMOUR 9TH SELANNE 10TH 89 SUNDIN 1ST AND FOOTE 22ND, 90 QWEN NOLAN 1ST COULD HAVE had jagr 5th
91 lindros 1st forsberg was 6th who they traded lindros and some other great players, 92 took todd warriner 4th could HAVE HAD KASPARITIS 5TH GONCHAR 14TH
93 JOCELYN THIBAULT 10TH AND DEADMARSH 14TH COULD HAVE HAD JASON ALLISON 17TH SAKU KOIVU 21ST TODD BERTUZZI 23RD even though deadmarsh good. now they traded lindos for forsberg,mike ricci,steve duchesne,kerry huffman,ron hextall,93 pick thibault and considerations which was chris simon and 15 million.

GrasValley
May 14th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Enough of the hypothetical crap. If I had $40 million I could retire, but that just isn't how things happened. No teams had the ability to predict the future and every team has had bad draft picks. 1992 San Jose takes Pat Faloon 2nd overall: boy was that a real winner.

SAKICFAN
May 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
YOU CAN RETIRE ON 40 DOLLARS LIVING IN GRASS VALLEY.
GO CALGARY IN GAME 4

SBarrett39
May 14th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Who cares who you could have had and how you screwed up, think what Pittsburgh has had. Sorry about your defunct Nordiques, I used to like them. Not a fan of Colorodo anymore though. Infact the Avalanche should have a ton of cups, look at their roster. It's an all star team, every line. San Jose handled them pretty quick, too.

Penguins Draft Picks:
03: Marc Andre Fleury
02: tons of good prospects
01: good prospects
00: good prospects
99: Ryan Malone, Sebastien Caron, Konstantin Koltsov
98: Milan Kraft
97: Andrew Ference
96: no standouts
95: Alexei Morozov, Jean-Sebastien Aubin, Jan Hrdina
94: Richard Park
Here's where it gets good
93: Patrick Lalime
92: Martin Straka
91: Markus Naslund
90: Jaromir Jagr
88: Mark Recchi
87: Rick Tabaracci, Shawn McEachern
86: Zarley Zalapski
85: Craig Simpson
84: Mario Lemieux

Other players through our team:
Barrasso
Donovan
Francis
Hatcher
Hedberg
Kasparaitis
Kovalev
Lang
Neved
Robitaille (both of em)
Sandstrom
Slegr
Smolinski
Stevens
Titov
Tocchet
Zubov

plus some old timers and probably some i forgot

GrasValley
May 14th, 2004, 08:23 PM
You know what's funny Sakicfan? You think your coming up with some pretty clever insults, but I completely agree, this is a crappy town. I thought I explained that I hate this town, yet you continue think your clever with these little one-liners. Enjoy your team's extended offseason.

bigm16
May 14th, 2004, 08:35 PM
PHILLY & CALGARY in the finals. I like Philly even though I am Canadian, not CanadiEn.

TDHarvey9
May 15th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Think about it, there are only 3 Cups between these 4 franchises, only 2 played in 1989... but for alittle fun, I'm thinking Calgary over Tampa Bay in 6 for the cup. I'll stick with Canada right to the end.

GrasValley
May 17th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Watch out Flame fans, it looks like we have a series.

TDHarvey9
May 18th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Flames up 3 games to 2, will they choke at home again?

SBarrett39
May 18th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I'm hoping for San Jose versus Philly in the Cup.

GrasValley
May 19th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I don't know what to expect from this series anymore. I just hope for the best

grassvalue
May 19th, 2004, 07:51 AM
iginla will dominate, now calgary in 6
tampa still in 6 and will win the cup, flyers will never win without a big time goalie.

GrasValley
May 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Someone said before that Iginla would dominate. I don't think anybody has dominated so far. Iginla has a couple of goals, but only his Game 5 goal really meant anything. It's been a fair bout so far, I see this coming back to San Jose, but like I said, I don't really know what to expect from this series anymore.

bigm16
May 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Brad Richards has 5 game winnig goals during this years playoffs, could he be the MVP if Tampa reaches the finals?????

RED SOX
May 19th, 2004, 11:11 PM
IGINLA NUMBER 1 STAR AND GOOD BYE GRASSVALLEY, WHO THINKS HE KNOW'S EVERYTHING,KIPPER OUTPLAYED NAPPY
AND NOW TAMPA OR EVEN PHILLY WILL WIN CUP IN 5 OR 6.
TAMPA ALL THE WAY AS THEY HAVE TOO MUCH SPEED.

OH YES GRASSY REDSOX IN FIRST.

GrasValley
May 19th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Ooooh, good one RedSox. Sorry for knowing everything. It's only my opinion deusche bag. I've always said it's just an opinion, but morons like yourself take it too seriously.

Meanwhile, congrats to the Flames, they showed more heart and passion than the Sharks and are moving on. San Jose looked very tired and unmotivated while Calgary showed a lot of jump. Iginla stepped up big in the final two games to lead his time on. Kiprusoff was good, but San Jose didn't make him do too much in the last couple of games. Go Flames for the finals.

TDHarvey9
May 19th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Congrats to the Flames, they seemed to want the prize more. The Sharks looked unmodivated, How can a team be unmodivated in game 6 of the conference finals. Congrats to the fans of Calgary, and I'm happy that for the first time in 10 years there is a team in the finals I can truely cheer for.

Bring on Tampa, (I'm a Leafs fan and well, I can't stand Philly) Tampa presents a better matchup for Calgary then Philly does, Tampa's youth and speed vs Calgary's youth and speed. Looks like a great match-up.

Go Flames Go!
Bring the cup back where it belongs... In Canada!

BRUIN
May 22nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
ANDREYCHUK WILL GET HIS FIRST CUP AND HE DESERVES IT.
IGINLA ALREADY JINXED CALGARY BY PICKING UP CONFERENCE FINALS CUP AND CARRYING IT TO LOCKER ROOM, NOBODY TOUCHES THAT CUP IN THE EAST. TAMPA HAS TOO MUCH FIRE POWER AS THEY BEAT CALGARY 6-2 IN JANUARY IN CALGARY.
JUST LIKE THEY BEAT PHILLY ALL 4 GAMES AND SOMEONE SAID REGULAR SEASON DOES NOT MATTER.
ST LOUIS 38 GOALS STILLMAN 25 RICHARDS 26 LECAVALIER 32 MODIN 29 ANDREYCHUK 21 AND FEDOTENKO 17 PLUS 9 IN PLAYOFFS, INGINLA HAD 41 AND A BUNCH OF 17 GOAL SCORERS.
TAMPA WILL STOP IGINLA AND THAT WILL BE ALL THEY HAVE TO DO TO BEAT CALGARY,PHILLY HAD A BUNCH OF TALENT AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM,77 MILLION DOWN THE DRAIN AND NOW THE 19TH AND 21ST PAYROLLS IN FINALS . KIPPER WILL BE PULLED IN ANOTHER GAME IN THIS SERIES TOO.

TDHarvey9
May 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
How many times has that been said "we will crush them, because all we gotta do is put down Iginla" thats what Vancouver, and Detroit thought (San Jose realized Calgary was for real after beating Detroit).

So you think all of Tampa's high season scorers shows they will beat Calgary? hmm... lets see....

Vancouver
Naslund 35g, Morrison 22g, D.Sedin 18g, Sanderson 16g
Detroit
Lang 30g, Datsyuk 30g, Hull 25g, Shanahan 25g, Draper 24g, Yzerman 18g, Zetterberg 15g, Holmstrom 15g
San Jose
Marleau 28g, Cheechoo 28g, Ekman 22g, Sturm 21g, McCauley 20g, Korolyuk 19g

Calgary beat them all. The Flames beat all three Western Conference Division leaders. Don't fall into the trap the Wings did, and figure "Calgary doesn't matchup, they have no chance"

Tampa won Game Seven BY ONE GOAL, don't you tell me regular season match-ups matter. Once the Playoffs start, the regular season numbers mean nothing, except where the teams are seeded.

TDHarvey9
May 23rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
Of the 14 series this season...

5 series results went **WITH** the Reg. season series results
PHI-NJ ... SEASON=PHI 3-2-1, PLAYOFFS=PHI 4-1
TOR-OTT ... SEASON=TOR 4-1-1, PLAYOFFS=TOR 4-3
PHI-TOR ... SEASON=PHI 3-1-0, PLAYOFFS=PHI 4-2
TB-PHI ... SEASON=TB 4-0-0, PLAYOFFS=TB 4-3
COL-DAL ... SEASON=COL 3-1-0, PLAYOFFS=COL 4-1

5 series results went **AGAINST** the Reg. Season series results
TB-NYI ... SEASON=NYI 3-1-0, PLAYOFFS=TB 4-1
BOS-MTL ... SEASON=BOS 3-2-1, PLAYOFFS=MTL 4-3
VAN-CGY ... SEASON=VAN 3-2-1, PLAYOFFS=CGY 4-3
DET-CGY ... SEASON=DET 3-1-0, PLAYOFFS=CGY 4-2
SJ-COL ... SEASON=COL 2-1-1, PLAYOFFS=SJ 4-2

4 Regular Season results were tied.
TB-MTL ... SEASON=2-2-0, PLAYOFFS=TB 4-0
DET-NAS ... SEASON=3-3-0, PLAYOFFS=DET 4-2
SJ-STL ... SEASON=2-2-0, PLAYOFFS=SJ 4-1
SJ-CGY ... SEASON=2-2-0, PLAYOFFS=CGY 4-2

Basically... Its a coin flip, 5 agreed with the Season, 5 disagreed with the season, 4 were tied. The Islanders beat Tampa Bay 3 times in 4 games! Detroit beat Calgary 3 times in 4 games!

The Regular season match-ups don't matter!

SBarrett39
May 23rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
This is so lame. The Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup. I can't stand their coach either, I always see him on tv whining or swearing, Tortorella or something. They'll have the Stanley Cup on the beach with a bunch of preppy spring break college students with greek letters on their shirt. And if Calgary wins everyone in Canada will be talking about how the cup's where it belongs, and that will go on forever. No offense Canadians. I'll probably root for Calgary anyway. Philly versus Calgary would've been a great series.

BRUIN
May 23rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
TDHARVEY9
VANCOUVER WAS NOTHING WITHOUT BERTUZI OR THEY WOULD HAVE BEAT CALGARY
SAN JOSE IS NOTHING GREAT,I JUST WATCHED THAT SERIES TOO.
DETROIT'S TOP GUNS ARE TEN YEARS OLDER THAN TAMPA'S
RICHARD'S AND LECAVLIER BOTH 24 FEDOTENKO 25 ST LOUIS 28 AND STILLMAN,MODIN 30 HULL,YZERMAN AND SHANAHAN ARE READY FOR OLDTIMERS LEAGUES.

BUT WE WILL SEE.

TDHarvey9
May 24th, 2004, 02:58 AM
So in other words, The Western Conference's TOP THREE SEEDS suck right?

BRUIN
May 24th, 2004, 09:38 AM
NOW YOU GOT IT.

bigm16
May 24th, 2004, 10:23 AM
well as i see it. calgary & Tampa are similar in thier skating, but i think calgary is a bit more tougher. But on the other hand calgary is banged up in the defense core. the time off for calgary might just be what they need to win this years cup.

bruin
May 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
6 out of 7 espn hockey experts pick tampa bay to win the cup.
tampa might even lose game one but they will win the cup.
better powerplay and better shorthanded and andre roy will take care of the toughness.

TDHarvey9
May 26th, 2004, 04:19 AM
5 out of 6 TSN hockey experts pick Calgary to win the cup.

With the way Calgary played on Special Teams, Tampa better respond. Tampa bay will, infact I think they will win game two.

SBarrett39
May 26th, 2004, 07:22 AM
great performance by Calgary.

ED L ROY
May 27th, 2004, 12:32 AM
TAMPA HAD AN OFF GAME,CALGARY'S FIRST GOAL WAS A FLUKE,
IGINLA HAD A GOAL ON A MISSED PLAY,YELLE HAD A NICE GOAL AND THE ONLY PASSING PLAY OF THE GAME WAS THE LAST GOAL.
TAMPA HAD WAY MORE PASSING PLAY'S THAT WERE MISFIRED AND ST LOUIS WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE ICE.

GrasValley
May 27th, 2004, 10:56 PM
If there's anything I've learned from this playoffs, is that a win is a win. Calgary had many fluke goals against San Jose and scored on many SJ mistakes, but they still won. If Tampa makes mistakes and Calgary capitalizes, it's still a goal: fluke or not. Tampa came back with a strong effort tonight though. I think it will be a close series, but Calgary seems to be the team of destiny this year.

ED L ROY
May 28th, 2004, 01:18 AM
GRASVALLEY, CALGARY'S DESTINY IS THE SAME AS SAN JOSE AND
THAT IS NONE.

TDHarvey9
May 28th, 2004, 02:15 AM
alittle over confident are we? How many people have written off Calgary? A win is a Win, and remember Kiprusoff has never lost after a bad game.

ED L ROY
May 28th, 2004, 03:16 AM
MA13TH 3-0 MAY 16TH 4-2 BOTH HOME LOSSES TO SAN JOSE AND CALGARY STINKS AT HOME AND ON POWERPLAY.

SBarrett39
May 28th, 2004, 10:34 AM
How about the referrees that game?

bruin
May 28th, 2004, 10:06 PM
ref was awful,andre roy bumped a guy down and a penalty, and a hit on an icing a penalty as they alway's hit the the player going for the puck. that slow's the game up with needless calls.

GrasValley
May 28th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Correct Ed, they do stink at home and on the PP. They stunk on both against SJ, but once again, they still came out on top. It's all going to come down to who wants it more and I still believe that that team is Calgary.

ED L ROY
May 29th, 2004, 11:43 PM
WELL I WENT TO THE GAME TONIGHT AND MY FLAMES ARE GOING TO WIN THE CUP AS THEY HAVE HOME ICE ADVANTAGE, I DID NOT WANT TO JINX THEM EARLIER BUT TAMPA IS ALL DONE AND WE WILL HAVE A BLOCK PARTY ON MY STREET WHEN THE CUP COMES BACK TO CANADA.

TDHarvey9
May 30th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Ed you've had very little positive to say for the Flames, most of what you've said so far is pro-tampa. Now its your flames? You said Calgary is done earlier, and that wasn't true, now your saying Tampa is done, they didn't get to the finals by luck.

There is alot of pressure on Tampa now. The Lightning realise they can not fall 3-1 to Calgary, its a must win for them, in a building that's gonna be so loud it will bounce!

I sure hope the Flames can win Monday, but be careful for Tampa, if they can get game 4, they're headed home for game 5, looking at a best of 3 with home ice on their side.

Calgary has the home ice advantage, with those incredible fans on their side. But Tampa knows, it's win or stare down the barrel of the gun.

I'm sticking with my earlier prediction of Calgary in 6 over Tampa.

GrasValley
May 30th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hahahaha. Ed, you're killing me. You are so full of sh*t. "I just didn't want to jinx them." LOL. Now you're talking about home ice advantage after saying they suck at home. Now you are calling the series over in favor of the Flames after 3 games. Just one game ago you said that the Flames had no destiny and they were done. Is it even possible to contradict yourself more? If so, please do, you can't look any more stupid than you all ready do. Don't worry Harvs, they aren't HIS Flames, because last year they were HIS Ducks.

TDHarvey9
June 1st, 2004, 03:40 AM
Hey Ed! Tampa's all but done huh? once again you have written off a team only to have it thrown in your face the next game.

These two teams deserve to be here, and can bring it with the best of them, its been a great series. I can see a Flames win in TB, to bring it home for game six. Just my prediction.

Whoever wins the cup will have to earn every goal, unlike some past finals, this one has no pushover.

Oh and Ed, your Lightning are looking alittle better, huh.

Unregistered
June 1st, 2004, 05:25 PM
The referees have sucked the last couple of years. I noticed the Devils never get breaks. Its unfortunate but thats the way it is. The main problem is that the current refs are too old. They see what they want to see. Basketball refs are the same way so don't feel bad hockey fans.

ED L ROY
June 2nd, 2004, 01:12 AM
TAMPA ALL THE WAY, BECAUSE I AM FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE.
CALGARY DOES NOT HAVE A CHANCE NOW.
AND WHO WOULD ROOT FOR A TEAM FROM CALIFORNIA ANYWAY'S. DUCKS AND SHARKS THAT IS TWO SCARY TEAMS.

TDHarvey9
June 2nd, 2004, 02:57 AM
Ed, you are so full of it. You have cheered for both teams, put down both teams, and Called yourself a fan of both teams.

ED L ROY
June 2nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
MY COUSIN IS FROM PEI AND I SAID IT WOULD BE NICE IF BRAD RICHARDS WIN'S THE CUP AND HE SAY'S HE WANTS CALGARY TO WIN SO THE CUP CAN GO BACK TO CANADA, WELL WHO CARES IF THE CUP GOES BACK TO CANADA, IS THAT WHY CANADIENS WILL ROOT FOR CALGARY OVER TAMPA? 15 CANADIENS ON EACH TEAM,
SO EACH PLAYER WILL BRING CUP HOME ANYWAY.
TDHARVEY YOU SHOULD FIND A TEAM TO ROOT FOR BECAUSE TORONTO WILL NEVER WIN THE CUP.

TDHarvey9
June 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
Oh gee, you insulted my leafs, oh no! what do I do? he has totally insulted me, I'm screwed now, I better just shutup and admit he is 100% right on everything (sarcasim if a compete idiot like you don't understand).

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR PATHETIC INSULTS WILL GET YOU ANYTHING.

You want Calgary to win, You want Tampa to win, you want the cup in Tampa, you want the cup in Calgary, you don't care were the cup goes, Do us all a favor and just shut the f*ck up, your resulting to petty insults shows just how low you can go.

GrasValley
June 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Thank you Harvey! Please, just do the world a favor and shut up Ed. Nobody gives a sh*t who you are rooting for for the next 3 hours. I think bandwagon fans as bad as yourself are a perfect example of how Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection no longer affects society. Somehow, idiots such as yourself slipped through the cracks and are still alive with the chance of reproducing.

ED L ROY
June 6th, 2004, 11:57 PM
IT'S BEEN 5 DAY'S GRASSVALLEY AND ONE OF MY TEAM'S IS GOING TO WIN THE CUP, AND I HAVE 12 KIDS WITH 9 BOY'S SO THEY WILL BE POSTING SOON TOO.

TDHarvey9
June 7th, 2004, 02:46 AM
well, atleast the odds are pretty good that one of your kids will write something intelligent, you sure haven't yet.

GrasValley
June 7th, 2004, 06:53 PM
I don't have any high hopes for any member of Ed's family. Our only chance is that Ed's wife is intelligent (which isn't probable simply due to the facct that she married Ed) or that the DNA was somehow mutated when creating Ed's children. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Sorry Mr. Darwin, if someone like Ed can reproduce 12 times, Natural Selection truly no longer applies to our society.

TDHarvey9
June 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
GARY BETTMAN HAS WON THE STANLEY CUP
GARY BETTMAN HAS WON THE STANLEY CUP

Gary Bettman has won the cup with help from his puppet Colin Campbell and the referees, Garys dream of Hockey in the Southern US has gone to FUCKING CANADA, AND THROWING THE FINALS. He figures, whats the best way to gain popularity in the southern US?.... put a cup champion there! so he threw the series in their favor.

Congratulations baby eating B*stard you have destroyed the NHL.

GrasValley
June 7th, 2004, 10:55 PM
LOL, sad, but true. Gary Bettman, congratulations, along with your Stanley Cup, you've won THE BIGGEST DOUCHE IN THE UNIVERSE award. You can't say you didn't see it coming though, he put Fraser and McCreary in as refs, that had Tampa written all over it. This sort of thing has been in motion for quite some time now, I noticed that all the NHL wants is money. They don't give a sh*t about the fans or whats good for the game, they just want money. Even if Calgary had won The Cup, I would still feel the same. NHL=money grubbing sons of b*tches. I think the biggest congratulations of all goes to Ed though. Your team did it. You were the runner up for the DOUCHE award as well. Well, all we can hope for now is that Gary Bettman disappears and we have hockey in the fall. I don't mind hockey in the south, but putting The Cup in the south is just wrong. Congrats to Dave Andreychuk though, and the guys of TB, they played hard regardless of outside help.

ED L ROY
June 7th, 2004, 11:14 PM
WELL A BIG WAH,WAH,WAH AND TOO BAD FOR TORONTO AND SAN JOSE BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE LOST TOO. CALGARY WAS AWFUL AND THE REF'S HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. THE GAME HAS NO PLACE FOR CRY BABY'S LIKE TDHARVEY AND GRASVALLEY, TAKE UP ANOTHER SPORT LOSERS. USA USA USA.

AND MY KIDS DON'T CRY AS MUCH AS YOU TWO.

GrasValley
June 7th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Oh Ed, you're just pissed because you were runner-up. Don't worry though, I think you have a good shot at next year's award...that is unless one of your kids beats you to it. I find it appropriate that you call us losers being as you make sure YOUR team is the one that's always winning. At least we're loyal and have respect for the game unlike your sorry ass. I believe we've found the right sport, it's bandwagoneers like yourself that need to find a different sport. Basketball has the Lakers and baseball has the Yankees. Take your pick Ed.

ED L ROY
June 8th, 2004, 01:26 AM
YEP, I ROOTED FOR CALGARY OVER SAN JOSE AND TAMPA OVER CALGARY SO WHAT, YOU SHOULD STICK TO BEAR RIVER HIGH SPORTS IT'S MORE YOUR SPEED.

ed l roy
June 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
tdharvey9 go wave your flag and as you told sbarrett39 watch your language loser.

TDHarvey9
June 8th, 2004, 04:07 AM
your team alliance went back and forth more time than the flow of the series, AND YOU ARE BRAGGING??? there is no way you were a Tampa fan, 3 months ago. Actually if you really did give a cr*p, you sign up, instead of being a "guest" and insulting everyone with nothing backing you up. I thought the bagonwagon jumpers with Anaheim last year were screwed up, you are by far the worst "thing" I have had the inconvience to talk to.

You should try loyalty some time, A REAL fan backs their team up in the good and the bad, I became a fan of the Leafs during the dirty 80's, you can't get any worst than that, unlike you I was willing to stick it out, enjoy the game, and figure they'll get better.

Next year you'll be flying who's flag? better watch your band wagon jumping or you'll be flying a players union flag out of hockey-less depression.

I congratulate Andrechuk, being a Leaf fan, its nice to see the big man get a cup. St. Louis, Richards, Habby played great and they earned it.

Half the league is so far in the red they may never get out, Bettman couldn't have alienated Canada any more, he couldn't have signed a worse US TV deal, He has spread the league way, way to thin. Just compare the NHL now vs the NHL the year before Bettman arrived... the NHL was much better, it had intagrity(sp?). Bettman is a Lawyer, no wonder I hate his guts.

Bettman needs to go, and put in someone who has actually played the game!

ED L ROY
June 8th, 2004, 04:11 AM
LIKE WHO THE NOT SO GREAT GRETZKY?

GrasValley
June 8th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ED L ROY
YEP, I ROOTED FOR CALGARY OVER SAN JOSE AND TAMPA OVER CALGARY SO WHAT, YOU SHOULD STICK TO BEAR RIVER HIGH SPORTS IT'S MORE YOUR SPEED.

BULLSH*T! BULLSH*T!BULLSH*T! You are the most disgraceful excuse of a human being I've ever met. You switched teams 3 times in the 7 game series that was the finals. At one point you said that your house would be block-party central when the Flames won. You are by far the dumbest mother f*cker I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. I'd like to say we've had a conversation, but that would require you to have had some kind of valid point.

Bear River? You douche bag. I'm an NU Miner. F*ck you and Bear River. Oh wait, you'll probably say you meant NU. Your loyalty lasts as long as America's excuses for invading Iraq. They just keep changing.

The not so great Gretzky? Are you posting from a mental ward? If not, your wife and kids should commit you. If nothing else, find some treatment for this bi-polar crap you keep pulling on everybody. One minute a Flames fan, the next a lightning fan.

SAKICFAN
June 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM
ED L ROY IS RIGHT AGAIN AND CAN ROOT FOR WHO EVER HE WANT'S.

GrasValley
June 8th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Right about what? The guy is a disgrace. I've disliked a lot of people in my life, but they've always had some kind of personality trait that I respected. There is nothing about Ed that I respect. Anybody that lacks loyalty and common sense the way Ed does makes me want to throw up. I don't deny the fact that he has the right to root for who he wants, but it's disrespectful to the game of hockey to root the way he does. Hockey is a sport of passion and respect; Ed has neither of those qualities. Ed just gets his jollies by aggravating those of us with passion and respect for hockey by throwing out nonsensicle comments with no actual thought process involved in coming up with those comments. The fact that you've believed anything Ed has said doesn't speak too well for you Sakicfan. Come to think of it, you really haven't offered up anything slightly intelligent either. All I ever remember you doing is throwing out petty insults about how Grass Valley is a crappy town. The funny thing about that is that I agree with it. Unless either of you have anything to say about hockey that has brain power backing it up, stop aggetating those of us that used to enjoy debating hockey in a some-what classy manor. Not only have you disrespected the game, but you've brought out the worst in hockeydb forums by removing what dignity and class that they once had. I emplore the admin to stop allowing unregistered morons from posting here so that we can go back to friendly, yet passionate debates about hockey and all relating subjects. I'll admit, I've slipped down to the level of some of these morons by name calling and using fowl language, but I'd like to see some form of classiness return to hockeydb. I think the best way we can do this is to just ignore people that throw nothing but petty insults and stupid comments down. This is my rant for now, there may or may not be more later.

ed l roy
June 9th, 2004, 04:09 AM
WELL I GRADUATED FROM NEVADA UNION IN 1979 AND I AM GLAD YOU ARE A FAN. I MOVED TO SAN JOSE LAST YEAR BUT NOT A FAN OF THE SHARKS.

SBarrett39
June 9th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Oh well, the Stanley Cup is on the beach and the NHL is approaching a lockout. Atleast Andreychuk got his cup after 1,700 something games.

Unregistered
June 15th, 2004, 04:33 AM
WELL I PICKED TAMPA ALL THE WAY ,AND TDHARVEY9 AND GRASVALLEY WERE WRONG. THANKS FOR THE POSTS AS I WAS
ED L ROY, RED SOX AND SAKICFAN.

TDHarvey9
June 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
so in others words we talked with 1 Unintelligent Assh*le instead of 4 Unintelligent Assh*les.

I didn't predict nothing, I was and remain loyal to the Leafs and the other 5 Canadian teams. I still stand with Calgary and their incredible run, and no amount of shots or insults from you and your *special* group of friends will change that.

Unlike you, Gras and I have nothing to hide we have 1 name and respond as such, while a loser like you hides behind 4 other names.

So? did you indeed get your bedtime moved up? I guess it all depended on your report card eh?

bigm16
June 15th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Maybe this post should be deleted, as the Stanley Cup is now over.

Hab01
July 1st, 2004, 12:27 AM
I have more respect for someone who cheers their team even when they are at their worst. The people who remained Penguin and Ranger fans after this past season really shows loyalty.