PDA

View Full Version : Will Nhl Players Jump To New Wha???????

bigm16
June 11th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Saw this in the news paper today. Will current N.H.L. players jump to the new W.H.A.? What are your thoughts. Depending if it be a long lock out. But in my opinion I can't see it lasting long. Owners are too greedy to let all that $$$$$$$$$$$ slip away.

TDHarvey9
June 11th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I can't see too many jumping, there probably will be a work stoppage, but I can't see it lasting very long. The Owners greed will have them backdown and give the players what they want.

Theo
June 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I heard that Quintal(Mtl) is going to play with Quebec but I am not sure

TDHarvey9
June 12th, 2004, 03:58 AM
I'm not gonna put to much into rumors like those. The WHA's teams don't even have names yet, they don't even know how many teams there are. I expect players like Roenick and Hull to go though (they have already said they would).

Unregistered
June 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
I read somewhere that Joe Sakic like the idea to play in the WHA next year. but i really don't think he'll play in the new league 'cause i think he still on contract with Colorado

Hab01
July 1st, 2004, 01:29 AM
Quintal decided to stay. Unfortanutely, not with Montreal. He wasn't bad but obviously the Habs thought he had nothing left.

GrasValley
July 1st, 2004, 08:16 PM
At this point I doubt that the WHA will even happen. Another two citiies dropped out and they only have 4 teams at this point. It may be another couple of years before they get going if they get going at all.