PDA

View Full Version : Best College Hockey Team

Portuguese_Hockey_Rules
July 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Fewer people watch NCAA Hockey, but it still produces some good NHLers. So what's the best College Team of all time? If you ask me, it's the 1996-87 Michigan Wolverines, which Produced 11(!!!!) players who played or currently play in the NHL, including Brendan Morrison, Marty Turco and John Madden. Which college hockey team is best. (Including Canadian colleges, but only P.J. Stock and Steve Rucchin played on Canadian college hockey teams and currently play in the NHL.)

Yooper Hockey
July 24th, 2004, 06:52 AM
I like the 1991 Northern Michigan Wildcats. They had players like Dallas Drake, Brad Wrenka, Scott Beattie, Jim Hiller, Tony Szabo, and Bill Pye. They beat the Boston University Terriers in 3 overtimes to win 8-7. BU had players like Tony Amonte. Northern had a destiny that season and won the national championship is st paul minnesota. This game was very enjoyable to watch. The wildcats are from a small town in michigan, Marquette were it was recently voted the most livable city in the US. The Lakeview arena would be filled to compacity. This is the only championship team that nmu ever had but they were not going to loose till they won the national championship. Scott Beattie was on this team and he was one of three players ever to score 100 goals and 100 assists in 3 years.

Unregistered
July 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM
1991 bu team had amonte,shawn mceachern,keith tkachuk and scott lachance to name a few.

2000 n dakota 4 b.c. 2 2001 b.c. 3 n dakota 2
boston college had mike mottau,farkas,gionta,kolanos,kobasew,eaves,voce,or pik and bobby allen n dakota always have good teams.

93 maine champs had paul kariya and both garth snow and mike dunham in goal.

1987 boston college did not win but they had olympian defense partners brian leetch and greg brown as well as craig janney,
kevin stevens,tim sweeney and ken hodge jr to name a few.

Unregistered
July 24th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I would have to say the 78-79? UND Fighting Sioux. I believe Phil Sykes, Troy Murray, Dave Christian, Doug Smail. And carry over players like Rick Zombo and others made UND a top rate team.