PDA

View Full Version : How Could The NHL Be fixed

Unregistered
October 26th, 2004, 01:01 PM
please answer. all opinions valued. as wa winnipeger really miss hockey because the moose suck. hab01 please e-mail me at zfleisher@shaw.ca

wpg31

Stripes2ca
November 9th, 2004, 01:40 AM
The NHL can be fixed by having the owners side get back to the table with the player reps and come to a settlement. One of the problems is the owners trying to buy a Stantley cup championship by paying big $$$$'s for players and it has mushroomed into todays problems. The sooner they get back to the table & give a little we, the fans, will gain alot!

Unregistered
November 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Thats kinda funny, the players have done persisely nothing to advance these talks. They made 1 offer a year ago, and it was borderline stupidity. I can't see how you can blame the owners for this.

As far as I am concerned they are all greedy *ssh*les. They both blame each other and they both say the same thing.

"as soon as *name other other group here* decides they want to help us, and begin talking we are here to listen"

They both have their reasons, The Players say the owners screwed this up and why should they help, and maybe they have a point, but for the sake of the game, they should. The owners say the players want nothing but keep their high salaries, and maybe they have a point, but for the sake of the game, they need to look at that.

They need to realise that EVERYBODY is suffering with this strike, and everybody involed looks bad for it.

They both need to check their egos at the door, and fix this, if not for themselves, for the fans. (some of which may never come back).

Mapleleafman
November 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
that last reply was for me, I forgot to log in.

TDHarvey9
November 9th, 2004, 09:26 PM
sorry all, finally fixed.

no nhl
November 11th, 2004, 08:18 PM
tdharvey9,grassvalley,ed l roy we do not care what you say or user name.

TDHarvey9
November 11th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I give a sh*t about your opinion because???????

Hab01
November 11th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Ed is back?

Unregistered
November 23rd, 2004, 01:38 AM
I feel that what we are dealing with here is a dispute between millionaires and billionaires. The billionaires have overpaid for services; now they want someone to clean up their mess. Because some of the corporations accelerated the salaries, the owners want to cap the salaries so they ca not repeat their behavior. On the other hand the players want to be allowed to make as much money as they can; and why not? A maximized profit is the corporate goal. Gee in 2004 we can see the specter of Stalin in the guise of corporate miss management.