Got back Jim Fox on 6/6 (I begged him to keep some cards) with a black Sharpie in just over 3 weeks' time from the LA Kings team address where he is currently a color commentator. He's got a really cool and distinctive signature complete with sweater number.
Got back Bo Berglund on 3/3 with a blue ballpoint pen in just under 3 months from a request that I sent to the Buffalo Sabres where he scouts. It came back with a Swedish stamp over my American and a foriegn postmark. He's got a good curvy signature.
2 more, again
Got back Tim Bothwell on 3/3 with a black Sharpie from the University of Vermont, Attn: Women's Hockey Coach, Burlington, VT 05405 in just over 2 weeks' time. Has an average signature for hockey cards that are really too dark to get signed.
Got back Al Hill on 3/3 with a black Sharpie from 203 Valley Park S, Bethlehem, PA 18018 in 5 1/2 months. He's got a simple and easy signature to read. Sorry to add that my Thank You card to Mr. Hill was an RTS to that address as of 12/01/08.
What a good Monday evening to come home to. I had 5 waiting for me.
1. Larry Jeffrey signed 3/3 in just about 4 months from 35392 Blyth Rd., RR 5, Goderich, ON N7A 3Y2. He used a black Sharpie and has a pretty decent autograph.
2. Jim Hrivnak signed 4/4 in 4 weeks from 17819 Bd De Pierrefonds, Pierrefonds, QC H9J 3L1. He used a black Sharpie that was running low in ink and has poor signature that has only a few discernable letters in it.
3. Doug Rombough signed 3/3 in 3 weeks from 10434 Sunrise Lakes Blvd. #303, Sunrise, FL 33322. He used a black Sharpie as has a slightly shaky signature that is still decent. Even wrote a brief memo.
4. Poul Popiel signed 4/4 in just over a week from 2501 Peppermill Ridge Dr., Chesterfield, MO 63005. He used a blue Sharpie and has a good and very legible signature. He even wrote me a 1 page letter talking about the great players he played with/against and his favorite rinks. Definately write this guy!
5. Bernie Federko signed 3/3 in just about 3 weeks from 2219 Devonsbrook Dr., Chesterfield, MO 63005. He used a black Sharpie and has a pretty darn good signature looking especially nice on the 8x10 I sent.
Geez, I've had a bad marker experience with Hrivnak, too, except he signed is a dying red marker (which is great, 'cause, you know, the Caps' away jerseys are red).
only 1 today
Got back Ron Sedlbauer on 3/3 with a blue Sharpie in 2 1/2 weeks from business address Cougar Shoe Inc., 830 Harrington Crt., Burlington, ON L7N 3N4. His signature is the first initial of his first name blended into the first initial of his last name and then some scribble and his sweater number. Not too bad looking but not outstanding either.
Dantm: sorry about your bad marker Hrivnak experience. I'm sure we've all gotten sigs like that before--especially if you ever got one from Serge Savard who seemed to put black Sharpie over black backgrounds all the time.
Thanks for the moral support :) Anyway, yeah, black backgrounds are tough, and it seems like the way for those to turn out the best are to use paint pen or something...
Got back 3/3 with a blue ballpoint pen from Wayne Van Dorp at 380 Lauretian Cres, Coquitlam, BC V3K 1Y5 after just over a 2 week wait. He's got a wild autograph that would have looked better if he had signed across his sweaters rather than than the lower right hand corners of his lone OPC card.
good day for everyone
I noticed in the readings of everyone else's posts that they were getting quite a few back today. I was no exception. Got 5.
1. Frank St. Marseille signed 3/3 with a black Sharpie in just about 2 weeks from RR 4, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Great, full lettered, elongated signatures.
2. Nelson Pyatt signed 3/3 with a thin black marker from 1680 Arthur St. W, Thunder Bay, ON P7K 1A8 in 2 weeks' time. Another great full-lettered signature with sweater number.
3. Tom Webster signed 4/4 with a black marker from 1750 Longfellow Dr., Canton, MI 48187 in 2 weeks' time. Seems to be a first initial, last initial, and then scribble.
4. Andy Schliebener signed 3/3 with a black Sharpie from 6200 Ravine Way, Orleans, ON K1C 2W4 in 2 weeks' time. As best as I can tell, there is a capital A and then just scribble--and not a lot that either.
5. John Cullen signed 3/3 with a black Sharpie from 223 Hawick Ln., McDonough, GA 30253 in just over 3 months. His signature is a capital J and then some loops. There is a correct sweater number inked on for the team of the card he is pictured on, though.
1 on Wednesday
Got back 3/3 from Rick Bragnalo in a thin black marker from 515 Christina St. E., Thunder Bay, ON P7E 4P3 in 3 weeks. Great full-lettered signatures signed on the best parts of the cards. Worth writing to!
1 on Thursday
Got back 3/3 from Jim Wiemer at 152 Country Ln., Rochester, NY 14626 with a bluish-green Sharpie. He's got an average signature where most of the letters are readable. He even swapped out one of his own OPC's for one of my Pro Set cards since I had mailed him 2 of them.
1 on Friday
Got back Dave Creighton on 3/3 from 5202 Spectacular Bid Dr., Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 with a blue Sharpie in just about 2 weeks. Great signatures still looking like the facsimile ones on his early '50's Parkies.
2 on Saturday
Got back 4/4 from Doug Barkley in a black Sharpie from 523-3131 63rd Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3E 6N4 in just under 2 weeks. His signature is average with a sweater number included.
Also got back Mike Busniuk in a black Sharpie on 3/3 from the Binghamton Senators, 1 Stuart St., Binghamton, NY 13901 after 3 weeks. He's got a nice signature with distinctive k's in his name.