Thread: Recent Success

sure thing:

Flyers Skate Zone
    601 Laurel Oak Rd
    Voorhees, NJ 08043

Good Luck-
    Pucks

a pair of Wings

Got back Terrible Ted Lindsay today on 3/2 (he enclosed an extra signed brochure with a great photo of him in front of the net screening Chuck Rayner) in blue Sharpie from 2598 Invitational Dr., Oakland, MI 48363-2453. It took just over 2 weeks and he still has a great signature.

Also got back his former teammate and business partner Marty Pavelich on 3/3 with a black Sharpie from 1709 Forest Ln., Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301 in just over 2 weeks. He's got a great signature, too.

2 more

Got back 3/3 from Dave "the Wreck" Hrechkosy in purple Sharpie in just under a month. He enclosed a business card that now has him as Director of Concessions for Texas A&M University. His new address is now 1900 Dartmouth St., Apt. F5, College Station, TX 77840-3997. He has a decent autograph that is a little cramped.

Also got back 2 signed 8X10 photos from Steve Jensen who sent a note stating his dog spilled a cup of coffee on my cards (why the dog was drinking coffee so close to my stuff is beyond me) and hoping the photos will make up for the loss of the cards. One photo is him with the North Stars and the other is him with the Kings. Nice sigs to boot. I sent my cards originally to Heartland Hockey Camp, 24921 Arena Dr., Deerwood, MN 56444 but the photos came back 7 weeks later from Estero, Fl. I'll try again with a couple of cards in a few weeks.

(why the dog was drinking coffee so close to my stuff is beyond me)

LOL!!!
    That is by far one of the best I have seen on here since I joined!!
    Thanks for making my shitty day just a little better!!!

thanks

Falcon,
    Thanks for reading my posts and finding this one humorous. In my thank you note to Coach Jensen, I suggested he put his dog on decaf so it won't be as jumpy, jittery, and clumsy.
    Andy

I recieved reply from Doug Jarrett 3 of 3 in 13 days and 5 days from Petr Klima 1 of 1. Each enclosed another signed card which I hope wasn't someone elses.

Holy Crap--6 in one day!

Today saw the return of Gilles Hamel on 4/4 with a blue ballpoint pen from 1484 Rue du MacOn, Sherbrooke, QC J1N 1V4 in just over 2 weeks. He has a small signature that has some legible letters in it.

Got back Brad Gassoff on 3/3 with the driest black Sharpie still pushing ink. He can be reached at PO Box 85, Wells, BC V0K 2R0 and it took 3 weeks to receive his shoddy signatures.

Got back Steve Penney on 5/4 (enclosed extra signed Molson card) with a blue Sharpie from 155 Rue Notre-Dame, St. Pereol Des Neiges, QC G0A 3R0. He's got a good signature and includes sweater number, too.

Got back Bob Beers on 4/4 with a black Sharpie from 97 Blake Rd., Lexington, MA 02420 in 5 weeks' time. He's got a pretty good signature.

Got back Mark Janssens on 3/3 in a blue Sharpie from 115 Central Park West, Apt 17-A, New York, NY 10023 in 3 weeks' time. He's got a pretty good signature for being a recent hockey player.

Finally, the big prize! Got back Henry Boucha on 3/3 with a black ballpoint pen after just over 4 years!!! He enclosed a signed form letter detailing his involvement with the Ojibwa Nation and requested a small unspecified donation. It's been so long that I can't remember where I sent my initial request but the address on his letter is Kah-bay-kah-nong, Inc. 37489 Elm Dr., P.O. Box 757, Warroad, MN 56763. He's got a nice signature that seems to me to be worth $20 for 3 cards.

2 today

Got back Norman Lacombe on 4/4 with a thin black marker from his hockey school: Hockey Impact Training Ltd., 14225 115th Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 3B6. He took just under 5 months and has wild, weird autograph that is completely unreadable.

Also got back Greg Stefan on 4/4 in thin blue marker from the Plymouth Whalers: @ Compuware Arena, 14900 Beck Rd., Plymouth MI 48170. It took just over a week and his signature is pretty much just initials with maybe a scribbly line.

I think I wrote Boucha 2 times in 4 years so maybe I'll get lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantulaman View Post
    Also got back Greg Stefan on 4/4 in thin blue marker from the Plymouth Whalers: @ Compuware Arena, 14900 Beck Rd., Plymouth MI 48170. It took just over a week and his signature is pretty much just initials with maybe a scribbly line.
    He must have dropped it in the mail box after quitting...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantulaman View Post
    Got back Norman Lacombe on 4/4 with a thin black marker from his hockey school: Hockey Impact Training Ltd., 14225 115th Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 3B6. He took just under 5 months and has wild, weird autograph that is completely unreadable.

Hello Mr. T-man, I got Norm Lacombe at a golf tournament. I got a card signed by him and I also have the scan in my photobucket page. Take a look and compare them maybe his Mom signed them. Take care Ya'all.

A.F

2 more today

Donhoolio, does Lacombe have a history of his mother signing items i.e. Mike Modano and Terry Bradshaw? My sigs do not look too similar to yours. Mine are more up and down like an EKG while yours seems to be small and crowded together but in a straight line. Now you've got me wondering about it.

I did get back 3/3 today from Mark Fusco in a thin black marker from 155 Grove St., Westwood, MA 02090 in 11 days. He's got a scribbly sig that looks best on his '84-'85 Wendy's card where he signs across the ice below his skates.

Also got back 3/3 from Jon Morris in black Sharpie from 16 Gail St., Chelmsford, MA 01824 in just over 2 months. He's got a nice simple signature that is easy to read. Now the odd thing; Fusco and Morris were mailed out 6 weeks apart yet they came back on the same day with identical postmarks that look like one is a photocopy of the other. At least that's odd to me.

Good luck to everyone who wrote Boucha over the years--hopefully you will be getting your stuff back soon!