Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Success

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantulaman View Post
    Hey guys,

I haven't been to the post office yet so I don't know what's there yet--that's for tomorrow. My reason for this post to let you know about my encounter with Glenn Mulvenna. I vacationed in FLA and spent some time in Flagler Beach. I tried the home address on this site but the occupant living there said he moved but to try him at his bar. I mosied over to it and there he was. I introduced myself and asked him to sign 3 cards. He signed them and then we talked hockey for 20-30 minutes. He said he would gladly sign whatever anybody sent and looks forward to meeting hockey fans at his bar--Finn's Beachside, 101 North A1A, Flagler Beach, FL 32136.
    Rosaire Paiement also has a bar in Pompano Beach/Ft Lauderdale , Florida. I met him there a couple of years ago and he signed some things for me. He also dug up some old photos and signed them also. He also gave me 2 shirts from his bar. His bar is called Jester's, look him up if you're in the area.

Rosaire Paiement

Quote Originally Posted by radconjohn View Post
    Rosaire Paiement also has a bar in Pompano Beach/Ft Lauderdale , Florida. I met him there a couple of years ago and he signed some things for me. He also dug up some old photos and signed them also. He also gave me 2 shirts from his bar. His bar is called Jester's, look him up if you're in the area.
    wow, i wish i knew this in May when i was just in South Florida. Any ex-Flyers would be worth seeking out as long as its at a public place like a bar. would never show up at their door though. oh well, maybe i'll get back down there at some point!

Flagler Beach

If you're chasing Mulvenna (former Flyer), Flagler Beach is about 45 minutes south of Jacksonville and 20 minutes north of Daytona Beach on the northeast coast of Florida. Murray Armstrong lives in St. Augustine--just south of Jville and Reggie Savage lives in Daytona so there are a few guys in the area to chase. Mulvenna thought that Bondra had bought a place in St. Augustine but I see returns coming in from Maryland so maybe he was wrong.

yea!

Got back my first return in more than a week. Got back Larry Keenan on 3/3 in blue Sharpie from 132 Gordon Dr., North Bay, ON P1B 8B2 after nearly a year's wait. Decent signature where nearly every letter is legible.

Hey that is great to hear...have one out to him for about that long if not longer.

the other Greg Adams

At the end of January, I sent out both Greg Adamses. Greg A. Adams came back within a 3 week period. Today, Greg C. Adams came back. He signed 3/3 with a black Sharpie after nearly 5 1/2 months and the stamped return address is 422-2640 Beverly St., Duncan, BC V9L 5C7. His signature is pretty much just a G, an A, and some scribble.

Received yesterday:
    Pierre Lacroix c/o QMJHL HOF 1/1
    Johnny Bower c/o home 1/1 sent money
    Red Kelly c/o home 1/1 sent money

gary

Got back 3/3 in blue Sharpie from Gary McAdam after 1 week from 34 Meadow Ln., Portland, ME 04103. Average signatures where some letters are legible.

I'm bummed because of the death of Reg Fleming. He was a great guy both in person and TTM--tons of stories and always personable.

2 on Friday

Got back 2/2 from Norm Ullman in blue Sharpie from 819-25 Austin Dr., Markham, ON L3R 8H4 after about 2 weeks. Great signatures and even added HOF year and sweater number.

Got back 4/4 from Randy Moller in blue Sharpie from 3950 NW 23rd Ter., Boca Raton, FL 33431 after just over a week. Signatures look like "Roll" and a sweater number.

Yes!!!

Finally something to post.

Got back 2/4 (he kept 2) in thin blue marker from Reggie Savage after nearly 2 weeks from 3735 Grandewood Blvd. Apt 737, Orlando, FL 32837-7379. The original letter sent to 112 Mitchell Pl. in Daytona Beach came back RTS with this forwarding address. His signature is RSav with a sweater number.

Also got back 3/3 in black Sharpie from Mike Hartman after two weeks from P.O. Box 472405, Charlotte, NC 28247. Signatures are a messy Mi and then maybe Htn.

soetaert

Got back 4/4 in a silver Sharpie from Doug Soetaert after 10 days from the Everett Silvertips (he's GM/VP), 2000 Hewitt Ave. Suite 100, Everett, WA 98201. Average signatures but a blue or black Sharpie would have been preferable. He just hired Craig Hartsburg as the new head coach. Has anyone had any TTM luck writing to Hartsburg?

I have twice been successful with Craig Hartsburg TTM.