June 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Serge Savard 21 days 1/3
Tom Bladon 30 days 3/3
June 13th, 2008, 11:02 PM
5 hockey returns today!
OK boys, here are the five I got today.
1. got 4/4 signed by Jerry Korab in blue Sharpie c/o Korab Inc., 3000 Washington Blvd #4, Bellwood, IL 60104. Took 5 days and he has wild, weird signature but definately worth writing to.
2. got 3/3 signed by Richie Dunn in blue Sharpie from 52 Schimwood Ct., Getzville, NY 14068. Took less than 2 weeks and he's got a decently legible signature.
3. got 3/3 signed by Michel Belhumeur in blue Sharpie from 58 Little Falls Ln., Rockville, VA 23146. It took less than 2 weeks and he's got a great signature.
4. got 5/5 from Steve Larmer in blue Sharpie from 1664 Poplar Pointt Rd. RR4, Peterborough, ON K9J 6X5. When given time to sit and sign, his signature looks like it has returned to the old days of Ste Larm instead of St. L which he devolved into late in his career. It's a decent autograph to have and watch him make the HOF. He did win a Calder Trophy too. Took 2 weeks.
5. got 3/3 from Ken Sabourin in black Sharpie from 728 White Oaks Ave., Catonsville, MD 21228. This may be the worst signature I have EVER seen. I have no idea what letters, if any, he put on the cards. It looks more like some kind of tribal art than autograph. Don't waste your stamps. Outside of that, he was pretty quick with a 2 week turnaround.
June 14th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Just looking at Tarantulaman's last success with Ken Sabourin made me think of Phil Kessel. I met him in person at the IIHF World's this year and it had to be the all time worst signature I have ever seen. He would sign max one card and it was a P K and then a ball over the K. Sometimes it wasn't even that good. He was a real idiot and barely signed for anyone the entire tournament.
As well Jonathan Toews has a horrible signature. Barely got a legible JT from him.
June 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM
the worst i've received is an IP from larry murphy. he scribbled an L with an M on top of it, which looked like a three year old trying to draw a star. awfull. funny part is that i thanked him and he said, "sure, any time". ass.
June 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I also got Phil in person at a Bruins / Devils preseason game in 2006, he hadnt even played a game for the B's yet (including preseason) and he already had a bad attitude. I handed him 2 cards he signs one and pushes the other one back at me, I was the only one even around because I caught him coming out of the bathroom. Seemed very cocky to me, it wouldnt have been bad but when you had guys like Tim Thomas, Chara, Marc Savard, Brad Stuart signing everything for everyone and this kid who hasnt even proved himself yet being like this. Then this season I sent him 3 cards in the mail, he signed one and kept my other 2.
Originally Posted by nickmarchand
June 14th, 2008, 01:19 PM
John LeClair 3/3
did not sign my 3, but added his own 3
Anybody know why some players do this? Just curious
June 14th, 2008, 01:47 PM
My guess would be because that way they don't have to answer there own fan mail. They can pre-sign a bunch of photos/cards and then just pay someone to put them in the envelopes. I imagine if they are busy its much more convenient for them.
June 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM
they sign a bunch of cards at a time and sometimes they mix up the return envelopes. lafleur has done this before.
June 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm sure it's a time saving device for some of these guys. They sign a big stack of cards when they get the chance, and just insert them in a return envelope. If you sent three cards, he pulls out three already signed cards and places them in the envelope.
June 15th, 2008, 06:48 AM
June 15th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Lafleur did that to me but he gave me a better card
I met kessel twice the first tim he signed everything and took a picture with me the 2nd time he would only sign one and was an asshole
June 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM
got back Wayne McBean on 1/3 (he kept the other 2) in a blue ballpoint from 555 Lakeside Greens Dr., Chestermere, AB T1X 1C5. It took 9 days and he has decent signature.
got back Barry Dean on 3/3 in a thin black marker from 315 Marsh St., Maple Creek, SK S0N 1N0. He took 3 weeks, has a good signature, and enclosed a brief note on Canucks stationery.