Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: theodore60's successes

how long did it take to get Halak back?

I'm also wondering how long did it take to get Merlin Malinowski? I've been waiting for a response from him c/o that team for a while now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lafleurfan10 View Post
    how long did it take to get Halak back?
    It took 105 days.

Quote Originally Posted by icecards View Post
    I'm also wondering how long did it take to get Merlin Malinowski? I've been waiting for a response from him c/o that team for a while now. Thanks.
    It took 84 days. I was wondering if I was ever going to get it back since everything I mailed on this day never came back. Now I got two of them back in the last two weeks. I'm wondering if maybe this batch was lost by Canada Post somehow and then found later on??

You know, I bet that does happen. I'v had the same thing happen to me where a whole day's worth of request are all duds. Very rare but does happen.

Larry Kwong 4/4
    178 Oakbriar Close SW
    Calgary, AB
    T2V 5G9

Elmer Lach
    Sent 4 cards, received three back signed, one unsigned plus included two of his own. I think he may have missed the last card so I guess it's a 5/3 in 11 days.

Tanguay

Quote Originally Posted by theodore60 View Post
    Alex Tanguay
    3/3 with blue Sharpie
    76 days
    Where did you send you card to Tanguay? I have some of his junior cards I am looking to get autographed.

I just got Tanguay back c/o Canadiens, so I'd assume there.

Quote Originally Posted by PRBOWERS View Post
    Where did you send you card to Tanguay? I have some of his junior cards I am looking to get autographed.
    Montreal Canadiens

Tanguay

Quote Originally Posted by theodore60 View Post
    Montreal Canadiens
    Thanks for the info

Ernie Laforce

3/3 customs w/ black ball point pen.

17 ch. Grenier Apt. 150
    St. Albert, Ontario
    K0A 3C0

He also used his own large envelope and paid postage to include 6 other unsigned items including an 8x10 sized black and white Canadiens team picture with him in back row center. Kinda cool he's in the picture even though he only played one game with the Canadiens. Other's in the picture include Maurice Richard, Elmer Lach and Emile Bouchard. Other items include a newpaper article about the Montreal Royals, a photo of him with the Rocket, another of him with Galbraith and Doug Harvey with the Royals and a program cover with him on the front in a Royals uniform. One last thing included was a "Thank You" card signed by him but written by a woman named Mrs. Sandra Geerts. This is what the Thank you card says.

"Enclosed are a few copies of Ernie's newspaper clippings. We are sorry it took so long to return your request. Ernie turned 93 in June and his eyesight is failing him. He has asked me to help him with these requests.

Sandra Geerts"

A class act in my opinion. Even at 93 with failing eyes he still won't turn down a request. Thank you very much Mr. Laforce.