Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex Buffalo Sabres

It is about time the stars alligned for some on here - it has been a struggle lately it seems - especially ttm.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdon View Post
    Would make for an interesting topic!! Great experiences recently with Mike "Doc" Emrick, and Zdeno Chara. After going quite a few years without seeing Emrick in Buffalo, he has popped up quite a bit this season. Last time in, he stopped to talk to us (as he usually does), pulled his Stanley Cup ring (from the Devils) out of his carry-along bag, and passed the ring around for us to look at---super cool guy. Last season with Chara--he came out of the hotel and started walking to the street to get in a cab for pre-game skate. When he saw us walk toward the cab, he took of in a sprint, getting in the cab before we could get there. As we walked back to our regular spot by the hotel, the cab went by us, he rolled down the window, and in his accented voice yelled " Where did you guys go? I was going to sign for you" and then he laughed!! On the way back from practice, he took the bus, and someone reminded him that he said he was going to sign for us. He walked down to us and he did sign!! Great sense of humor!
    Anyone have a cool IP story??

OHL IP in Erie

London Knights IP: Seth Griffith, Vladislav Namestnikov, Austin Watson, Andreas Athanasiou, Greg McKegg, Olli Maatta, Scott Harrington, and Mark Hunter. (My son got almost the whole team on a Knights team sheet he made up). Was disappointed Max Domi and Jarred Tinordi did not make the trip :( Erie Otters IP: Sondre Olden, Connor Brown, Dane Fox, Devin Williams, and Robbie Ftorek. (My son got most of the team on a Otters team sheet he made up.)

London Knights IP: Seth Griffith, Vladislav Namestnikov, Austin Watson, Andreas Athanasiou, Greg McKegg, Olli Maatta, Scott Harrington, and Mark Hunter. (My son got almost the whole team on a Knights team sheet he made up). Was disappointed Max Domi and Jarred Tinordi did not make the trip :( Erie Otters IP: Sondre Olden, Connor Brown, Dane Fox, Devin Williams, and Robbie Ftorek. (My son got most of the team on a Otters team sheet he made up.)
    they are resting the main guys for the playoffs.
    Connor Brown tied a dubious OHL record last night as well, worst minus in one season. -72. Ouch!
    Looking to trade for 1990-91 Upper Deck or 2010-11 Upper Deck autographed cards.

Current totals
    signed UD 90-91 cards: need 19 to complete the set.
    looking for UD 10-11 signed cards, need about 300 !

Wow Dodger - impressive by you and your son.

Terry Harper IP story

Anyone have a cool IP story??
    A few months ago, I contacted Terry Harper via US Mail asking him for an autograph and inviting him to watch my son play a hockey tournament game in San Jose, CA. He responded by saying he could not attend, but to contact him when the tourney was over. He invited us over to his house, and we stayed for over two hours just talking about hockey, growing up in Canada, showing us his Stanley Cup pictures and other mementos, and giving my son advice on how to play better defense. He was very warm and sincerely glad to have us over. He promised to keep up with my son's team, and if we made the State championship tournament, he would try to attend. In conclusion, my boy's team are in the tournament in April, and I am hoping to meet Mr. Harper again.

Montreal Canadiens IP

Canadiens IP: Mike Blunden, Rene Bourque, Erik Cole, David Desharnais, Lars Eller, Blake Geoffrion, Louis Leblanc, Petteri Nokelainen, Tomas Plekanec, Brad Staubitz, Alexei Emelin, Josh Gorges, Andrei Markov, P.K. Subban, Peter Budaj, Carey Price, and Sergio Momesso.

Rip fern rivard

I was notified a few days ago by a relative of ferns in grand `mere qc. That he passed away in 2006

Today's success

Tom Poti signed a puck and card, in 38 days, c/o Caps practice facility.

Minnesota Wild IP

Wild IP: Kyle Brodziak, Cal Clutterbuck, Matt Cullen, Dany Heatley, Nick Johnson, Mikko Koivu, Jed Ortmeyer, Warren Peters, Darroll Powe, Devin Setoguchi, Stephane Veilleux, Kurtis Foster, Tom Gilbert, Steven Kampfer, Nate Prosser, Marco Scandella, Clayton Stoner, Josh Harding, Matt Hackett, Rick Wilson, Darryl Sydor, Darby Hendrickson, Bob Mason, Tom Reid, and Mike Greenlay.

Wait a sec, hold the phone, back up the truck, etc.
    Dodger... Is that thee Rick Wilson who played for the Habs, Blues and Wings?
    I tried for a few years thru his coaching days and he always turned me down.
    If that's him good going Dodger!
    I've always thought as of late Dodger is the best IP grapher around.
    You clean up!

Quote Originally Posted by polarmist04 View Post
    Wait a sec, hold the phone, back up the truck, etc.
    Dodger... Is that thee Rick Wilson who played for the Habs, Blues and Wings?
    I tried for a few years thru his coaching days and he always turned me down.
    If that's him good going Dodger!
    I've always thought as of late Dodger is the best IP grapher around.
    You clean up!
    That's the Rick Wilson--was very cool IP, asked me to hold his coffee as he signed for me.