Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: today's mail

Found this on the Red Wings web site

This is a different address than I've used in the past.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How can I contact a player?
    To send fan mail to a specific player, you may send your letter to the following address:

Player’s Name
    Detroit Red Wings
    19 Steve Yzerman Drive
    Detroit, MI 48226

Please do not send personal items of value to be autographed by the players. Due to the large volume of these requests, we cannot guarantee the safe return of your property.

Each Red Wing player is responsible for his own fan mail and autograph requests. Since the players are the ones receiving and reading their mail, we cannot guarantee a response. We also suggest that you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with each mailing.

6/23/12

Jim Morrison 2/2

6/25/12 ~ 402 Red Wings!~

Steve Hrymnak 2/1 Viper custom ....he included a signed note card, wishing me well on my All Time Red Wings Collection.

Norm Ullman 4/3 ....he sent an extra 4x6 Toronto signed photo. The best part though is that he signed his 1957-58 rookie card for me in very fine black sharpie. It's always scary sending out a valuable card like that, even though Mr Ullman is as reliable as anyone about returning your stuff.

Geez Uncle
    You're rolling the dice there.
    I wouldn't gamble on it.
    Glad to see you got it back!

it was not mint condition (few creases) I paid $35 for the card. I've gotten back all but one of the more valuable cards (1951-52 parkies) that I've sent over the years. I usually include a few bucks to assure they sign and return.

nightofthelivingc - Mike Vernon

Quote Originally Posted by uncleguyguy View Post
    nightofthelivingc,
    You say you have card #33 Mike Vernon signed from the 2003-04 ITG Parkhurst Original Six Red Wings set? If that's the card you have that's a card I'd definitely trade for. Let me know.
    uncleguyguy@aol.com
    Hey , I'm still interested in the Mike Vernon Orig 6 card. Do you need any missing link? I would trade you a triple signed (Beliveau, Morrison, Chadwick) #156 card if you are interested. Let me know.

6/28/12 ~403 Red Wings!~

Rick Newell 1/1 Viper custom

6/29/12 ~404 Red Wings!~

Art Stratton 1/1 Viper custom

He included this nice note,,,
    Dear Guy,
    It's nice to see that you are a Red Wing fan. I enjoyed my short stay there but i wish it had been longer. I wish I would have collected cards while I was playing. I played with the likes of Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, etc. Hope this note finds you enjoying good health & living life to the fullest.
    All the best, Art Stratton

This is why I love this hobby. It seems Mr Stratton likes to get fan mail so that he can relive a little of his past with us.

I think I'll send him some extra autographs and get him started on this hobby for himself. You guy's are welcome to join in.

Art Stratton
    Gd Succ Main
    St. Adolphe, MB R5A 1A3

7/1/12

Phil DeGaetano 1/4 (Viper custom)

Mr DeGaetano had previously sent me a note asking how he could get this card (Viper custom)for his 4 year old daughter.
    I sent him 4 copies, I asked him to sign one more for me and keep 3 for himself. I also emailed him the jpeg of the custom card to his email address (phildny11@yahoo.com)

He also included a small note this time thanking me for the copies.

7/10/12 ~ 405 Red Wings!~

Carmine Vani 1/1 Viper custom

That's great. I was planning on sending to Stratton soon for a Flyers project I'm working on. About how long was the turnaround? Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleguyguy View Post
    Art Stratton 1/1 Viper custom

He included this nice note,,,
    Dear Guy,
    It's nice to see that you are a Red Wing fan. I enjoyed my short stay there but i wish it had been longer. I wish I would have collected cards while I was playing. I played with the likes of Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, etc. Hope this note finds you enjoying good health & living life to the fullest.
    All the best, Art Stratton

This is why I love this hobby. It seems Mr Stratton likes to get fan mail so that he can relive a little of his past with us.

I think I'll send him some extra autographs and get him started on this hobby for himself. You guy's are welcome to join in.

Art Stratton
    Gd Succ Main
    St. Adolphe, MB R5A 1A3

Stratton was about 2 weeks