Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: today's mail

You better check the fine print

That's his normal fee. He's appearing in Detroit area in December. Here's the pricing from that event.

http://www.thegoaliesden.com/

Mr. Hockey®

Gordie Howe®

Sunday, December 13, 2009

1:00pm to 5:00pm

Pricing

Ticket A: Pucks, all photos (any size) posters. $100.00 autograph only

Ticket B: Multi signed jerseys or sticks, equipment. $125.00 autograph only

Ticket C: Single signed jerseys or numbers. $250.00 autograph only

Ticket D: Autographed Gordie Howe Northland hockey stick. $250.00 includes stick

Ticket E: Production Line photos or Gretzky/Howe photos. $250.00 autograph only

We will have jerseys, photos, & Pucks to purchase.

If you can not make it to the signing you may drop-off or purchase your item ahead of time and one of our staff will take it through the line to be autographed.

(There is a $5.00 per item drop-off charge.)
    Last edited by uncleguyguy; October 1st, 2009 at 05:11 PM.

Gordie Howe

He seems to do alot of shows.he does charge quite a bit .But he is out there signing.So that is a good thing.For those who have yet to get him.You just gotta pay for him.

I go and get 1 card signed every time he's signing in the Detroit area. I like shaking his hand and hearing him tell stories from the past. He sat and went through my missing link set for about 20 minutes one time telling me a little tid bit from every player that I had signed. He IS Mr Hockey!!

10/2/09

Jean Beliveau 5/5
    Ken Wharram 5/5
    Henri Richard 5/4 (he sent an extra Molson card)

10/3/09

Harry Howell 2/2
    John Bucyk 2/2

Gordie and Maurice

I once asked Gordie if there was something in the water or food in Detroit that made him play so long. He responded that it wasn't what was in his diet but rather what wasn't in his wallet. We both got a good laugh out of that one. At the same show, I had Maurice Richard sign a Beehive photo that had a facsimile autograph on it. After finishing the signature, he commented that it didn't look like his sig had changed in the last 50 years because it looked exactly like the facsimile. He was a pretty neat guy.

I'd really like to get Gordie Howe's autograph, but $100 for one item ? That is a bit much...

I'll bet I have at least 20 Gordie Howe autographs. I look at it like he's Hockey's Babe Ruth. And when he's gone...he's gone. I have paid for every Gordie Howe card to be signed in the Missing Link set. I'm presently working my way through the Tall Boys set right now. I have him on various books, pictures, posters, magazines and Mcfarlane figures. Like I said before, I'll get one more thing signed EVERY time he's around just to hear one more story and shake his hand again. It's worth every penny!
    My huge regret is never meeting the Rocket. He's right up there with Gordie.

10/3/09

RTS marked moved

Marian Hossa
    IMG
    Attn"JP Barry
    801 6th St SW
    Ste 235
    Calgary, AB T2P 3V8

Rocket Richard

Quote Originally Posted by uncleguyguy View Post
    I'll bet I have at least 20 Gordie Howe autographs. I look at it like he's Hockey's Babe Ruth. And when he's gone...he's gone. I have paid for every Gordie Howe card to be signed in the Missing Link set. I'm presently working my way through the Tall Boys set right now. I have him on various books, pictures, posters, magazines and Mcfarlane figures. Like I said before, I'll get one more thing signed EVERY time he's around just to hear one more story and shake his hand again. It's worth every penny!
    My huge regret is never meeting the Rocket. He's right up there with Gordie.
    He was a great guy in person,very personable and was good with the fans.I actually went and got him to sign something for my Father,for Christmas, who thought Richard was the best player ever.But I decided to get my self an 8x10 as well.What was great was that sugar Jim henry was there as well so I got him to sign that famous photo of him and Richard as well.They both talked about that game.

10/9/09

Pierre Pilote 4/4

10/10/09

Metro Prystai 4/2(one Parkhurst 1951-52 RC & one missing link card)
    + he included 2 signed Bee Hive copied photos (sent $10 to make sure the RC made it back.

He also wrote on my note:
    Guy,
    Thanks very much for your generous donation - You are one of the few who sends me money - Wishing you all the Best - Sincerely Metro Prystai

Hey guys! send a few bucks every once in a while. The old guys didn't get wealthy from playing in their day. A few dollars means alot to some of them.