Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which paint pen to get for signed pucks

Which paint pen to get for signed pucks

Hey Gang

What size paint pen do you guys use to get signed pucks? Is there a better brand?

thanks

Good question - I've wondered that too. The one I have takes like ten minutes to dry.

I bought a silver sharpie but it don't look as good as what we can see on eBay.

I use deco art paint pens, fine point. They are available at craft stores.
    I also picked up some gold and silver markers at a Wal Mart in the US last summer for 50 cents each, they work fantastic.
    Looking to trade for 1990-91 Upper Deck or 2010-11 Upper Deck autographed cards.

Current totals
    signed UD 90-91 cards: need 19 to complete the set.
    looking for UD 10-11 signed cards, need about 300 !

Etiquette

Also, what is the etiquette when sending a puck? Do you send the player the paint pen along with the puck and sase? Or do you assume that he will have one?

I've always mailed a pen with the puck, most likely the pen will not return though.
    Looking to trade for 1990-91 Upper Deck or 2010-11 Upper Deck autographed cards.

Current totals
    signed UD 90-91 cards: need 19 to complete the set.
    looking for UD 10-11 signed cards, need about 300 !

I wouldn't bother, too risky that it gets smudged, because alot of guys just put stuff right back in the package to return. I only would deal with flat items TTM. Pucks maybe IP because you can monitor them drying properly. Even then doing that you may miss a bunch of guys. Unless you have someone helping you to hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by joekocur View Post
    Hey Gang

What size paint pen do you guys use to get signed pucks? Is there a better brand?

thanks
    I've sent out quite a few pucks ttm in the US. and I always include a silver sharpie in the package with the puck. They are pretty durable and have not yet exploded in the mail. They dry fairly quick-and sometimes you will get it back,returned with the puck. They are inexpensive at Target- and be sure to test them out before sending them. Also on the return envelope do not put the players name on the return address in the left corner-put your street address only instead-should there be a postage increase it will come to you and not be RTS'ed for not enough postage. Good Luck-Len

I avoid paint pens at all costs. too tempermental in bad weather

go to your local walmart. Elementz metallic silver or golds markers. You get a 2 pk for 94 cents. works great on most pucks and has a decent shelf life

Gotta go with the silver sharpie. For economical sense (bout a buck a pop) and for logistical purposes (fits everywhere: package,bubble mailer, shirt pocket) nothing works like it. I'll also give you an inside trick, I've had where the do not adhere to out-of-the-box pucks. So, I take em and throw em on the buffing wheel at about 940rpm and very very lightly smooth out the surface. If you push 'em too hard you'll get white mottling. The now "shiny-er" surface accepts the marker better.

I use silver sharpies and sometimes I get them back sometimes I don't. They seem to work really well and I also use the bubble envelopes..have not received any back smudged.