Thread: Dingas Success

Saskatoon

Andrei Makarov 4/4
    Dalton Thrower 4/4
    Lukas Sutter 4/4
    Shane McGlogan 4/4
    Curtis Leschyn (bad sp) 1 Avs puck

Edmonton Oilers

Pucks Cory Potter, Jeff Petry,J Schultz, Nugent Hopkins (huge assist to Alex here)
    Stick- Team signed Stick giving to me so i wouldnt bug the players lol well thats what im going with

LA Kings

Pucks "Dry Sharpie" Drew Doughty and Luc Robataille
    Jonathon Quick (not too great sig) Bernie Nicholls, Anze Kopitar, Billy Ranford

Dustin Penner 2/2,Jared Stoll 2/2

Calgary Flames

Pucks- Jay Bouwmeester,Steve Begin, Sven Baertschi, Martin Gelinas
    cards- Cory Sarich, Micheal Backlund 2/2, Tim Jackman, Jiri Hudler, Mikka Kiprusoff
    Jersey- Micheal Cammalleri (Habs)

Prince Albert Raiders

Cards- Dave Manson 2/2, Winther 4/4, McNeil 4/4, Jayden Hart 4/4
    Puck- Morrissey (team Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by Dingas View Post
    Pucks "Dry Sharpie" Drew Doughty and Luc Robataille
    Jonathon Quick (not too great sig) Bernie Nicholls, Anze Kopitar, Billy Ranford

Dustin Penner 2/2,Jared Stoll 2/2
    You still need Nolan? He is doing a signing tomorrow in L.A. along with Jonathan Bernier. If you still want him, tell me how you want it and on what.

So, you got Quick (yeah, his signature kind of sucks now--JQ 32, and that's it). You also got Luc and Ranford. Congrats to you.

Quick was a little disappointing but signed....Drew and Luc im so upset that I gave them a bad sharpie and you can barely see any sig heck drew even tried going over it twice. Bernier pretty much said no thanks when asked as he was starting and just completly blew us all off and hopped in the cab. And Nolan is either deaf or just ignored me completely as I was the only one asking for him ( and i heard good things about him) Carter was suprisingly the best of them all signing a single item for about 8 guys where Richards was 2 and gone lol. Oh Penner and Stoll made time for everyone there probably bc they played there once before but didnt seem all that impressed lol. Id like to try and get Luc again if possible as well as Nolan. I dont think Martinez made the trip. Gagne did sign, Richardson Blined straight to the bus and Williams walked head down until he got to the doors lol.

That's what I like about the oldtimers, or should I more politely say "former players". I have never had any of them turn me down in person, and just ask Alex about last weekend in St. Albert, most are willing to sign as much as you want. Today's players have it too good, and you would think with the lockout they would be bending over backwards to please the fans that have stuck with them. Oh well.

Having said that, the junior players are also fantastic. I guess they haven't got the big paycheck yet or the fat head with all the press and adoration. Some even seem surprised that someone wants their autograph or even knows who they are.

Ive only had one bad experience with a junior play (Tyson Sexsmith) when he was with Vancouver for a guy that hasnt amounted to too much yet he was an arse lol... it got to the point that I finally said you know what this is why youre not gonna make it anywhere, only time ive ever said something negative in person about a player, but it was pretty sad...i mean he was blowing off 6 year olds an i was working at the time and was completely disgusted by his actions towards this kid.

Only player/former player I've had any issue with is Jimmy Mann and I believe there's already an entire thread dedicated to that. I really just wanted to say I'm disappointed with how quickly players have forgotten the lock-out, I thought we would see a bit more appreciation for the salary paying collective that we are.

I forgot about Jimmy Mann - which is so easy to do since he was such a nobody (and still is). He is the only former player who was rude to me, but then again I wasn't trying to get his autograph at the time anyways. He is also about the only former player that I wouldn't ask for an autograph even if he was in a signing mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingas View Post
    Quick was a little disappointing but signed....Drew and Luc im so upset that I gave them a bad sharpie and you can barely see any sig heck drew even tried going over it twice. Bernier pretty much said no thanks when asked as he was starting and just completly blew us all off and hopped in the cab. And Nolan is either deaf or just ignored me completely as I was the only one asking for him ( and i heard good things about him) Carter was suprisingly the best of them all signing a single item for about 8 guys where Richards was 2 and gone lol. Oh Penner and Stoll made time for everyone there probably bc they played there once before but didnt seem all that impressed lol. Id like to try and get Luc again if possible as well as Nolan. I dont think Martinez made the trip. Gagne did sign, Richardson Blined straight to the bus and Williams walked head down until he got to the doors lol.
    I got a little bit lucky for you--Nolan and Bernier (two of the guys who wouldn't sign for you) were doing a public signing here in L.A., and I got both to sign one puck each.