Thread: Michel Briere (d. 1971) Pittsburgh Penguins Signature

Hybrid View

Michel Briere (d. 1971) Pittsburgh Penguins Signature

I have a Michel Briere autograph inside of an April 8, 1970 Stanley Cup Playoffs program. Briere was critically injured in a car accident on May 15, 1970 and died approximately one year later from the injuries suffered in the accident.

I've only even seen one other Briere autograph ever offered for sale and I don't recall what the price was.

Do any of you have an idea on what the value would be for a signature of Briere's?

Please let me know your thoughts when you get a chance. I can send pictures via e-mail and the program is available for sale.

Thanks,

Casey Samuelson
    Owner / Webmaster
    PenguinsChronicles.com - The History of the Pittsburgh Penguins

The value of any item is what someone's willing to pay for it. That said, I have no idea.

Found this on the board, you could try contacting the user- last login was 2011:

http://www.hockeydb.com/vb/showthrea...up-For-Auction

That's about all I can find. I imagine if you advertise it enough you'd get something decent but still, I have no idea.

michel briere penguins.

michel brieres autograph is extermely rare, because he only played one season before he was injured in a car wreck and died in 1971. because he played before the sports memoribilla industry took off in the late 1970,s-early 1980,s i know of no dealer that can authenticate his signature because there were so few out there. for a few years a reputable sports dealer in pittsburgh chuck thomas had a briere autographed 5 x 7 white card with briere's signature in red pen. it was listed at the time for $400.i asked chuck how he came across the autograph and he stated at a sports card show in montreal canada in the late 1980's from a canadien dealer with a good reputation. i purchased in 2010 the briere autograph from him for the $400. i had a team issued picture of briere and had it with the card matted in penguin light blue(color of the tean uniform at time briere played) and framed. the 1970 western division finals program you have of the penguins vs st louis blues which i have also in very good condition proberly goes for between $50-$100. hope this helps.
    norm grossman