Thread: Postal jump

Postal jump

Whoa ho ho!
    Just found out that postal rates for US took a big jump.
    Now I'm pretty sure it was 85 cents for US to mail a standard size letter envelope to Canada.
    Is it really now $1.10?!
    A 25 cent hike...
    Canada we seem to up it 2 or 3 cents every year now but that is quite a jump.
    The hobby continues to get more costly bit by bit.

The US got rid of its Canada/Mexico postal rate. Canada and Mexico or now considered International. Their international rate only went up about 5 cents.
    I had just stocked up on US postage which I now have to suppliment with additional postage. You are right, the hobby is getting more expensive but there is not much we can do about it.
    Last edited by GoldenSkates; March 7th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

It went up in late January.

Anybody knows why they enter the names of the sender and recipient in the computer when sending packages to Canada? It takes forever to ship a package to Canada now with them typing all this info and the customs form. I have not sent pucks within the US since the postal jump. It used to be $2.75 for a puck in a case from PA to CA. I wonder what it is now.

As my lady just came up with right now " I guess E-Bay shipping rates are going to go up too."
    She's probably right, right?

I was told last month that to mail a puck within Canada, but outside of BC, where I live costs $35 for a return. Never sent a puck out before. I am shocked. You cant use a 6x8 bubble envelope stuffed with a puck and SASE bubble. I'm sure 2 US stamps does the trick for CDNs mailing to Canada. Some of my single CDN stamps still get by.

Maybe if it's a lead puck and weighs a couple pounds!
    There's creative ways like that to package it up to cost way less I'm sure...