Thread: George Armstrong

George Armstrong

I have seen ttm returns for George Armstrong.. Does anyone know if he has moved from Toronto to Sheboygan, WI..

Armstrong, George
    4/29/2013 27 days 1228 n 14th Sheboygan, WI 53081 3/1 $10 with card worked like a charm. Also signed 2 blank index cards sent to protect card. Bonus!

I am not buying this..He won't he admit he his George Armstrong in person..

Armstrong

Agreed. I don't believe it. Sounds like a scam.

Some years ago I sent a card to a promotor called DL Authentics in Mich.
    Maybe some of you remember them...
    They always had great guests, hard to find ones for their shows.
    The card was of Dale McCourt, a tough one to get as he apparently rarely does signings.
    Dale is Mr. Armstrong's nephew.
    The show promoter informed me that Dale said his uncle doesn't like signings, doesn't do them and throws out any autograph request gotten in his mail.
    Don't know if that has changed with time or not.
    I would like it if it has. :)

My two cents worth:
    To the very best of my knowledge, Mr. Armstrong hates signing autographs but still lives in the GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by bjt72 View Post
    I have seen ttm returns for George Armstrong.. Does anyone know if he has moved from Toronto to Sheboygan, WI..

Armstrong, George
    4/29/2013 27 days 1228 n 14th Sheboygan, WI 53081 3/1 $10 with card worked like a charm. Also signed 2 blank index cards sent to protect card. Bonus!

I am not buying this..He won't he admit he his George Armstrong in person..
    bjt72:

The site you're referring to has 3 different users posting a George Armstrong success in the past couple of days.

I have met him personally a couple of times over the years in Toronto and he has not signed for anyone IP. Maybe we should test this WI address and see what happens.

Apparently, he is still a scout for the Leafs. I have sent to his old Toronto address a couple of years ago with no luck. He's the missing link in my HOF custom made set.

Quote Originally Posted by satjack View Post
    bjt72:

The site you're referring to has 3 different users posting a George Armstrong success in the past couple of days.

I have met him personally a couple of times over the years in Toronto and he has not signed for anyone IP. Maybe we should test this WI address and see what happens.

Apparently, he is still a scout for the Leafs. I have sent to his old Toronto address a couple of years ago with no luck. He's the missing link in my HOF custom made set.
    Satjack;
    I have meet him personally too, and he has told me that he is not George Armstrong,but Joe Blow from S.S.M.. This was last year in Kitchener.I think it is a scam to get $$. I do know of a couple people he has signed for..

Yep
    One of the very few I need to have all living HOFers myself.
    Don't really know if we should throw in the postage and give it a go though...

Hey guys

I just checked the other board that had 3 successes with George Armstrong recently. In the RTS folder was this comment:

Armstrong, George
    5/2/2013 failure 1228 n 14th Sheboygan, WI 53081 1 sent DONT SEND MONEY TO THIS ADDRESS. IT IS A SCAM. THE THREE SUCESSES WERE ALL INPUTTED BY THE SAME MEMBER "BROOMER23"

Thanks for the info there.
    There are scammers out there everywhere gang.

Reverse 411.com search comes up as a JOCELYN GORDON at that address

Armstrong is still in the GTA working for the Leafs. Earlier in the OHL season I stood beside him for a Soo Greyhounds-Barrie Colts game, we chatted a bit but I did not ask for an auto, his disdain for signing is legendary.
    Looking to trade for 1990-91 Upper Deck or 2010-11 Upper Deck autographed cards.

Current totals
    signed UD 90-91 cards: need 19 to complete the set.
    looking for UD 10-11 signed cards, need about 300 !