Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Overated Player

Most Overated Player

To follow up my first question "Who's the must underated player?" I'd like to find out who you think the most overated player is.

Chris Pronger is my top pick for this title. Although undoubtedly skillful, much of his sucess is due to the fact that he can get away with doing anything. He's a cheap player who gets away with it, which in turn creates a ridiculous ammount chances for he and his team.

Teemu Selanne is also overated, not as a hockey player, but as a team player. He's said for months that he will almost certainly be back with the Sharks next season and that he believes they can still go all the way next year, to do nothing but decline his player option. If its because he wants more money, he's even more shallow, because his production this season (although he had his share of bad luck) was not worth the money he was paid.

Theo Guest
    Bobby Holik 9millions by year

Unregistered Guest
    Originally posted by Theo
    Bobby Holik 9millions$ by year

Holik isn't overrated.

Yes, he is making too much money but he is not overrated.

9 million for a defensive center who'll contribute nothing to the offense = over rated....

nyranger is correct. Being overrated has nothing to do with salary, just how much skill a player has compared to how much skill he's getting credit for.

He's never been known to be an offensive player. He's not going to give you 30-40 goals a year.

Believe me, there is not one GM out there that wouldn't want him on their team.

not for nine million....

Please explain to me how his making $9 million has anything to do with being overrated. It's like talking to a 5 year old. Unless your next comment intelligently explains how money has to do with being overrated not just over-payed or suggests another overrated player, then stop complaining about the $ that Holik is making. Beside, if I had $9 million per year to give Holik, I would.

Alexander Daige

Theo Guest
    I'm sorry nyranger2001 and GrasValley you guys or writh
    but one thing is sure. Bobby Holik was overated by Glen Sather

Once again, having been overated by Sather means one thing: he's overpayed. This is not a unique circumstance either. Athletes in all major pro sports are way overpayed. That's a whole different issue. Are there any other overated players? Other than Holik!