Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best logo???

Unregistered Guest

Best logo???

Who do you all think has the best looking logo? NHL, AHL, OHL, anything!?!?

Unregistered Guest
    Florida Panthers

Unregistered Guest
    SHARKS!

San Jose, no contest

bigm16 Guest
    Chicago Black Hawks, bar none, hands down, etc..................

My Favs

NHL Pittsburgh Penguins

AHL Albany River Rats

OHL Sudbury Wolves

QMJHL Moncton Wildcats

WHL Red Deer Rebels

bigm16 Guest
    are you on drugs?!.Pittsburgh N.H.L., Albany? No way JOSE! The Manitoba Moose have a way better one than Albany, and i guess you did not read that the Chicago Black Hawks logo is the best, and has been for 75 years. How many other logos do you see that has, that many colors in it. Teams now go for simplicity, plus a few of the older teams to. ie detroit & Montreal, Toronto.

You picked the Blackhawks because it has the most colors? That is the most feminine way of looking at logos I can imagine. Hockey is not a feminine sport. You have to look at the logos that are vicious and strike fear into the opponents. Granted, I don't think any player has ever feared a logo before, but a masculine logo like the Panthers or the Sharks is way better than the logo with the most colors.

bigm16 Guest
    well grass valley, it takes thought in designing a logo. San Jose Sharks! c'mon, it looks like a high school student made it. One that flunked out of basic geometry. Oh yeah, I would'nt talk about being feminine. Just look @ your user name.

Unregistered Guest
    Blue Jackets

Hmmm...good point about my user name, I'd never even thought about that.

The only thing I can think of to respond to your comment about geometrically incorrect logos is the fact that the Blackhawks logo could be considered offensive to Native American tribes as a misrepresentation of their culture. That and the fact that there is nothing ferocious or intimidating about their colorful logo. I will give you the benefit of it being a classic, but it just doesn't have that intimidation factor.

Originally posted by bigm16
    are you on drugs?!.Pittsburgh N.H.L., Albany? No way JOSE! The Manitoba Moose have a way better one than Albany, and i guess you did not read that the Chicago Black Hawks logo is the best, and has been for 75 years. How many other logos do you see that has, that many colors in it. Teams now go for simplicity, plus a few of the older teams to. ie detroit & Montreal, Toronto.
    This is my opinion and if you think I am on drugs fine I don't really care. Everyone likes a logo for different reasons and we all should respect that. There was no criteria for making this pick the user wanted to know you had the best. Penguins and Rats w/ sticks rule in my books. Yes I did read your post and did you see the Chiaago logo prior to the 60's? In the 40's the Habs had a globe on thier sweater which had many different colours too. The origanal six logos have there own unique meanings for many. Since the 90's Expansion teams are trying to attract more casual fans to purchased items. As well it all depends on what era of hockey we grew up w/. I grew up in the 80's and when I saw Michel Dion's mask w/ Pittsburgh I have always loved that logo.
    Marketing can back fire too. Case and point New York (fisherman friend) Islanders or the Vancouver (flying V) Canucks which they paid someone a million dollars to design in 1980.
    I took a native studies class 10 years ago and there are some natives that are offended by the following names and logos
    NHL Chicago Black Hawks
    MLB Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians
    CFL Edmonto Eskimoes
    NFL Kanas City Chiefs
    NCAA **to many to list**
    By the way the Black Hawk was name after a US World War One Infantry Core
    This is my rant.
    Enjoy.