Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: L.A. Kings fan

I think they still need a goalie :-)

Hey Louie,
    I'm extremely excited to have him back in the fold. That guy is loved in this city.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglouie11 View Post
    Jeremy Roenick - Flyers McFarlane base - 3 months - home address (Scottsdale, AZ)

To Druce26: Enjoy having Ron Hextall back--perhaps he'll bring some sanity back to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by druce26 View Post
    Hey Louie,
    I'm extremely excited to have him back in the fold. That guy is loved in this city.
    Great guy, professional, and was very committed to helping Kings finally win the big one. I hope Rob Blake will be equal, if not better, since he just got the job Hextall left.

Recent TTM success

Brent Sopel - Kings puck (for me); Blackhawks 2010 SC puck and card (for my son) - 1 month - a friend of mine near Chicago got him IP for me at his Defensemen hockey camp

Quote Originally Posted by shelby1 View Post
    I think they still need a goalie :-)
    They've been needing a goalie since Hextall left; imagine what it would have been like for the Flyers had Pelle Lindbergh had not killed himself? Kind of like Len Bias and the Celtics, too.

1980 USA team question/TTM

Could someone out there help me out with this?

I currently have 16 of the 20 players who made the cut in 1980 (check out MAB Celebrity Services for a signing with 16 of the 20 in December). I am missing Baker, Christoff, Pavelich, and M. Johnson--Johnson will be there, so that will make it 17 out of 20 for me.

On the poster I have, I see players with numbers: 2, 12, 14, 22, & 31. I believe that 2 is Les Auge; 12 is Jack Hughes; 14 is Ralph Cox; 22 is Dave Delich; & 31 is Bruce Horsch.
    Would anyone have addresses for these gentlemen? Thanks.

TTM:
    Adrian Dantley on a Lakers card from the late 1970's (Altadena Dairy promotion cards given out at the Inglewood Forum that year)
    Last edited by kinglouie11; July 20th, 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Changed msg.

Cox is a really nice guy:
    Ralph Cox
    24 Columbia Way
    Newbury, Ma 01951

Baker signs TTM too.
    Bill Baker
    6005 Sugarbush Trail
    Brainerd, 56401 MN

I've been looking for addresses for Horsch and Hughes for some time with no luck.Horsch is the AD at a high School in Michigan, but I was never able to find any home address:
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...n,mi)/news.htm[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kinglouie11 View Post
    Could someone out there help me out with this?

I currently have 16 of the 20 players who made the cut in 1980 (check out MAB Celebrity Services for a signing with 16 of the 20 in December). I am missing Baker, Christoff, Pavelich, and M. Johnson--Johnson will be there, so that will make it 17 out of 20 for me.

On the poster I have, I see players with numbers: 2, 12, 14, 22, & 31. I believe that 2 is Les Auge; 12 is Jack Hughes; 14 is Ralph Cox; 22 is Dave Delich; & 31 is Bruce Horsch.
    Would anyone have addresses for these gentlemen? Thanks.

TTM:
    Adrian Dantley on a Lakers card from the late 1970's (Altadena Dairy promotion cards given out at the Inglewood Forum that year)
    Last edited by druce26; July 20th, 2013 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druce26 View Post
    Cox is a really nice guy:
    Ralph Cox
    24 Columbia Way
    Newbury, Ma 01951

Baker signs TTM too.
    Bill Baker
    6005 Sugarbush Trail
    Brainerd, 56401 MN

I've been looking for addresses for Horsch and Hughes for some time with no luck.Horsch is the AD at a high School in Michigan, but I was never able to find any home address:
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...n,mi)/news.htm
    [/QUOTE]

I found a phone number at the high school where Horsch works. Delich is a Senior golfer in Colorado Springs, CO, and Hughes works at the same company as Jack O'Callahan in Boston (Beanpot Financial Services). I will write them and ask permission to send my poster to them. I wrote a letter to Baker but he never responded. It's just that I have 16 of the 20 players, and I don't want to lose the poster. Finally, I found out that Auge died almost 10 years ago after heart surgery.

Oh, I hear you. I had two photos, one with 12 guys(Prelim Roster), the other with 15(Celebration pic). I saw a Silk success at his job in Massachusetts in April of last year. I sent my two photos and never got them back. I actually saw a Silk success again on SCN, that was out for 6 months about a month back. It built my hopes up, but my items never came back. I started both projects again, and have 10 on one(Celebration pic) and 11 on the other(prelim roster).

I did find this address as a possibility for Horsch. I'm going to send him a letter, and I'll let you know how it goes. Let me know how you make out with Delich and Hughes.
    1513 Brookside Dr
    Houghton, Mi

I found a phone number at the high school where Horsch works. Delich is a Senior golfer in Colorado Springs, CO, and Hughes works at the same company as Jack O'Callahan in Boston (Beanpot Financial Services). I will write them and ask permission to send my poster to them. I wrote a letter to Baker but he never responded. It's just that I have 16 of the 20 players, and I don't want to lose the poster. Finally, I found out that Auge died almost 10 years ago after heart surgery.[/QUOTE]

California road trip??

Hey Louie...
    Your from Calif (LA) are you?
    If yes you ever go for autographs in person to the arenas?
    If yes again, you ever go to Anaheim?
    Wondering how good the autograph hunting is there.
    Anyone else know anything?
    I know it is summer and we shouldn't be thinking of this stuff yet but am thinking of the coming season.
    Any and all input appreciated.
    THANKS much

Quote Originally Posted by polarmist04 View Post
    Hey Louie...
    I know it is summer and we shouldn't be thinking of this stuff yet but am thinking of the coming season.
    THANKS much
    I'm curious about Anaheim myself- I may be taking a trip out there in October.

Quote Originally Posted by polarmist04 View Post
    Hey Louie...
    THANKS much
    I seldom go to Anaheim because of its distance from my home and because the Ducks are rivals. However, when I have some reasonable assurance that the players are there (mostly the visiting teams), I will go to the Honda Center or another nearby practice facility (Anaheim Ice) to try my luck. Last time I checked, the Ducks are pretty easy to get after practice on non-game days--the visiting teams 50/50. As far as the Kings, we'll see what happens now that they are no longer SC Champs; in other words, if they will be a lot more fan-friendly and accessible. Toyota Sports Center is the place to go for Kings players, and it is located between the airport and the beach. I've been a lot more successful with the visiting teams there. If you are coming down for a visit, let's get together.